1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Eventual trade route change

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by Feyd Rautha, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

What do you foresee as the eventual change to trade routes?

I think they will wind up being reduced to one per city with the "palace" giving one on its own. I'm not sure what will happen to the autoplant bonus route, but I think it will stay unchanged to start with a potential move/change coming later.

2. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

Well, trade route problems are twofold. One being their strength and two being their management.

I don't know how it will be fixed but I agree, limiting to one per city is a good idea. Limiting the number of incoming would be good as well, so you can't have 20 trade routes going into your capital. I'd limit it to 3.

3. Ryoga

Ryoga King

I think a decrease of trade routes is sorely needed, but if the autoplant bonus remains the same then it will be even more rewarding, improving your trade route number from a plus 50% to a plus 100%. That needs to change as well.

The bonus reward for trade routes need to be adjusted as well. The bonus to science is way too big and the bonuses for trading with stations is too low. There's little point in investing in them waiting for them to upgrade when they can get razed anytime.

4. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

I think they'll drop it 2 routes per city to 1 route. That will also help with the micromanagement nightmare, and is an extremely simple change. Whereas coding an auto-renew system (and dropping trade route yields for non-stations) would take more effort.

Autoplant quest option they could change to a flat +1 gold per trade route incoming and outgoing. No extra trade route, and similar value to the + gold alternative quest option.

5. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

They could also keep the two routes, drop yields to other players and your own cities by 50%, but give the autoplant a +25% boost to yields instead of the additional route. That would make stations preferable to any especially with an autoplant bonus.

6. Agent_TBC

Agent_TBC Chieftain

Beyond earth: Trade route management simulator pro

7. Cymsdale

Cymsdale Prince

I'd like to see:

Removal of all trade route related quest options.
    1 per city (with an extra in capital).

Overall buff to station routes.

I don't think the values of routes really needs to be nerfed down if you are encouraged to station military units along their paths to guard them.

8. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

I would like them to get rid of internal trade routes; it would make stations and diplomacy more interesting.

9. spider1

spider1 Prince

At the very least, just highlight the current route to make it easier to find when renewing. Some I like to keep and just leave alone unless they are destroyed by something. Looking through a long list of routes to find your current one can be a real hassle as the map gets full.

10. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Really, routes should autorenew with notification that this happened on the beggining og the turn.

Then give players option to be always able to cancel route that autorenewed.

Same for diplomacy deals...

11. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

What I would like to see

Trade route output depends on base output of sending city
    ie Internal
    receiving city gets 20% sending base output - 10% receiving base (min 0)
    Sending gets smaller of 10% receiving base output or 20% sending base
    (so total is always 20% of sender base)

External
    Sending city gets 10% of receiver base output and 10% of sender base output
    Receiving city gets 10% of sender base output

Stations...change to 4,8,12 resources

12. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Autoplant-Quest has to be changed imho.
    Internal Trade routes have to be reduced drastically.
    Trade route duration should be MUCH higher.
    When duration is higher, they should split the 2 trade routes from the depot to 1 from the depot + 1 from a later building. (depot price should be decreased a bit)
    Station trade routes need to become more useful.

And of course the UI needs to be overhauled. Last trade route should show on top. Filter Options for top overall yield, top yield in specific resource and best "your yield vs their yield"-ratio (sorry, don't know the word for that)

13. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

Someone had a very good suggestion:

• No extra TR from autoplant
    • 1 TR per city
    • 1 extra TR for every 10 or so population in a city*

Plus the suggested UI/sorting improvements, of course.
    The above suggestion would reduce micromanagement and yields from TR's. It would also make tall strategies more interesting. And it's somewhat realistic, too.

The sad thing about stations is that they had more interesting stuff like free tech or free units implemented already, but we didn't want them. Sure, the free techs were insanely OP, but our protest forced them to become VERY conservative with those rewards.

*So a city would get 2 TR's at size 10, 3 TR's at size 20 and so on

14. Acken

Acken Deity

Make it 2 in capital and 1 for every new city is the change I'd like. CivBE would remain an expansion focus game and a 7 cities size empire would get as many TR as CivV late game. Sounds alright to me.

15. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

I think op suggestion:

"I think they will wind up being reduced to one per city with the "palace" giving one on its own. I'm not sure what will happen to the autoplant bonus route, but I think it will stay unchanged to start with a potential move/change coming later."

is good if they also reduce the range of tradroutes and Auto plants costs you some strategic resource like one oil and/or one titanium, that would making it more of a choice where you built your autoplants, ie only build autoplants in cities that have good trade partner cites nearby.

The should also nerf food from internal slightly (-20%?) and production from internal more (-40%?).

By the way stations are not that bad to trede with if you have the industry virtue that give you six energy per level, one station gives me 19 energy, 1 production and 10 culture which is not that bad!

16. Jimbo30

Jimbo30 Prince

TR yield still needs looking at even with 1 per city, 2 at the capital. Even at one per city it's the first thing you build or buy currently. Doesn't matter what kind of game or victory you're after, the trade depot comes first.

17. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Emperor

As far as what I see happening, I would be very surprised if we don't eventually get an "automatically assign to previous trade route" feature.

18. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

I've found that the yields from routes can change drastically over the course of the route. I'm regularly changing routes. What is needed is a Highest Gold, Highest Science, Highest Gold Delta, Highest Science Delta, and Highest Prod/Culture/etc. sorting option. Then it's easy.

19. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Yeah, that virtue is awesome. +6 energy per station level, total of extra +18 energy, is more then enough to make station trade route a top priority for me over internal and external routes.

20. Wulf38

Wulf38 Warlord

Maybe internal trade routes should just be a way to transfer some food/hammers from one city to another, rather than creating those things from nowhere. Then it would be more of a situational mechanic for setting up new cities or helping a city that's weak in food or production.