Ever have one of those starts...

Cool. Would've been even better if that Mountain was just next to you.

Very tempting to settle 2 N or 2 NW from where the Settler currently is. It looks like you're on some kind of bay, which means sea trade routes might have to wind around a lot of land before they reach a different city, and not many cities might be in reach before Compass. And there are probably more flood plains to the north.

Nice to have Religious idols as a backup if you're too late for Desert Folklore.

Its a nice start no doubt but I've started to dislike these uber desert starts. Your early strat is very formulaic. Prioritise early religion for DF then rush Petra. If you hit those its game over.

If there was a mountain tile directly to the left of your settler that would be perfect. As long as that body of water isn't actually a large lake you should be good to go.

I've got the save, where can I upload it to?

you should be able to attach it to your post in advanced view not quick reply and click manage attachments.

It may require a zip file if it doesn't upload the civ5save format.

What difficulty was this?

Yeah get beaten to Desert Folklore and Petra and this start ain't so nice.

Actually, it's not all that amazing regardless.

edit: okay loaded up the game.
Your save is from after you settled your city on the coast, which i most definitely would NOT have done. Post the autosave from the beginning, not after you moved your warrior the wrong way and settled the wrong spot :p

Spoiler :
Found FoY a few turns in. Yeah GG, though i will not be playing this due to the city being in the wrong spot, and quick speed

Sorry, just pulled the save I had done...think the auto might be gone. Also yeah FoY was right next to the spot, it's a pretty obscene start.

Usually there is an "Autosave_0000 BC-4000" as long as you don't start a new map. And if you do start a new one, sometimes you'll still be able to use "OldAutosave_0000 BC-4000." So you might still have the original start before settling.

It wasn't exactly a start, but recently I rolled a map where it was a Hill surrounded by 4 Salt tiles, Cattle, Horses and Incense. That was crazy good location for a city.

Top Bottom