[GS] Ever trash-talked after a game?

PascalPascal

Chieftain
hi there, we are playing civ6 with 3 friends. I joined the Civ round later. I'm the worst player among us. But it´s quite fun. We don't play the game too competitively. 1 friend is living far away. From time to time i play with the other friend in one room - the 3rd player joinin from the internet (whilst living in another city).

Whilst the game lasts we are talking about a lot of things - most of the time, not about the game itself. That´s the fun part.

But after a game, we get into trash-talking. I'll get in at some point. But for now I would just be me. But I'm certainly not entirely innocent either. Everytime it starts watching the stats and then someone starts flaming or telling what i had done wrong etc. A lot of things, they are right with. But we could also talk about the round in less detail. That would be nicer than picking apart every statistic where you just want to present yourself as good or justify why you were still better. Sometimes we leave in frustration.

So the game is fun, the after-game often ends in frustration. We all don´t wan´t to start this frustrating part, but automatically getting into it.

Maybe it´s just us. Anyone else have this problem with this game?

Moderator Action: Please keep the forum family friendly and avoid inappropriate language. ~ LK

So what you're saying is, your friendgroup is measuring each other by how they do in a contest,
but you're all being rude about it?

I can't engage with the content of this thread because I would get moderated.

Hm, yes. It´s everytime the same. Playing the game is fun, but afterwards this trashtalking isn´t fun for all of us. That doesn't destroy our friendship. But for one evening the mood is really bad.

When I take stock of a game of Civ, the fun clearly outweighs it. However, it would be nice if we could save ourselves the last part of the game when laying out the statistics...

Sounds like you need better friends. :p I don't play multiplayer myself, and if I did I'd only do low-pressure co-op with friends. I'm not a competitive person.

I have noticed people trash talking to each other on multiplayer also but it's just a game. Unfortunately for me I couldn't stay but I would've loved seeing what they did. You never know someone might be watching you guys' online activity. :espionage:

This is why I have completely abandoned online PvP, it’s just a toxic cesspool no matter what game you play

It didn’t always used to be like this. If I had to pin it to a time, I would say after Halo 3 is when it essentially became unsalvageable

Hm, yes. It´s everytime the same. Playing the game is fun, but afterwards this trashtalking isn´t fun for all of us. That doesn't destroy our friendship. But for one evening the mood is really bad.

When I take stock of a game of Civ, the fun clearly outweighs it. However, it would be nice if we could save ourselves the last part of the game when laying out the statistics...
Don't like it, get up and go and do something else.

If only it were that easy. It would be arkward to just disappear like that. The game ends, the end screen opens with its statistics. That's when everyone starts chattering about the stats. It would be best if you could disable this statistics screen.

hi there, we are playing civ6 with 3 friends. I joined the Civ round later. I'm the worst player among us. But it´s quite fun. We don't play the game too competitively. 1 friend is living far away. From time to time i play with the other friend in one room - the 3rd player joinin from the internet (whilst living in another city).

Whilst the game lasts we are talking about a lot of things - most of the time, not about the game itself. That´s the fun part.

But after a game, we get into trash-talking. I'll get in at some point. But for now I would just be me. But I'm certainly not entirely innocent either. Everytime it starts watching the stats and then someone starts flaming or telling what i had done wrong etc. A lot of things, they are right with. But we could also talk about the round in less detail. That would be nicer than picking apart every statistic where you just want to present yourself as good or justify why you were still better. Sometimes we leave in frustration.

So the game is fun, the after-game often ends in frustration. We all don´t wan´t to start this frustrating part, but automatically getting into it.

Maybe it´s just us. Anyone else have this problem with this game?

Moderator Action: Please keep the forum family friendly and avoid inappropriate language. ~ LK

I notice from the mod comment that someone's little fee-fees are hurt!
Here in the UK that will soon get a Jail Sentence.
Unreal!!
Post Game Trash Talking is half the fun FFS!

I would say be aware of the quiet ones which can be far more dangerous and skilled than the trash talkers. :smug:

Top Bottom