Every city looks like Washington DC to me...

the stupid monument. It should be made different for the various civs. Really.
Oh. Yeah, no. The cities look nothing like Washington, regardless of the monument (which is just a giant scale and plain version of something that has been around for millenia). Washington is notable for its peculiar forced street pattern (thanks, Masons), dotted with bad copies of classical facades.

I'm positive it's moddable.
At the very least, you can make it a "unique building that replaces monument" for all civilization, with effects exactly the same as a monument.
Maybe whoever intends to, can start preparing the graphic from now :goodjob:

I'm positive it's moddable.
At the very least, you can make it a "unique building that replaces monument" for all civilization, with effects exactly the same as a monument.
Maybe whoever intends to, can start preparing the graphic from now :goodjob:
This would be incompatible with other mods affecting monuments. But since there are already ethnic variations for some buildings (i.e. palace), this should be available for other buildings too.

Oh. Yeah, no. The cities look nothing like Washington, regardless of the monument (which is just a giant scale and plain version of something that has been around for millenia). Washington is notable for its peculiar forced street pattern (thanks, Masons), dotted with bad copies of classical facades.
Pierre L'Enfant was the one who designed Washington's street plan.

There's also the Library and the Great Library, the Lighthouse and the Great Lighthouse, the University and the Oxford University, etc.

The difference is those are all English words. As someone who speaks English, its is very easy to remember the difference between the Library and the Great Library, because they both have meaning to me that allows me to dissociate them.

Of course, I don't have trouble with Wat vs Angkor Wat either. But some people might.

Top Bottom