1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone hates me

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by baboon, Dec 29, 2016.

1. baboon

baboon Warlord

In my games so far (prince, king, emperor) I've been hated by the AI a lot. Usually my worst offense is 'You have a different government', which is apparently a reason to denounce me. Of course I get the occasional warmonger accusation, but if I conquer a capital in 0 AD, It's not really a reason to be angry about it in the 1800's I suppose?

I'm usually ahead on Science, have a pretty strong military, and am not very religious. Is that the reason of the hate?

2. CBE Player

CBE Player Warlord

The real reason for the hate differs from civ to civ with their "hidden agendas" you can do everything possible to help them like you but mostly they are stuck in "hate mode". I just ignore them and kill the ones that get to close or have something I "WANT". the rest are irrelevant.

3. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

The problem in my opinion is the number of ways you can get into trouble with other civs

baboon likes this.
  4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Hate is a strong word. They dislike your politics which is human nature.
    They are jealous because you have more great people than them, very human
    You settled too close, you have troops near their border, you have nukes, all very paranoid and human
    ... And so on.

The game is very good at showing you why by going into the politics screen and clicking on the right bit.
    What the game is bad at is showing you how these are decaying over time.

They like you when you have a nice chat, when you do a good deal, when you are friends or have open borders. These effects seem to take time to modify the dislikes.

It is not that hard to get most to like you with a few sacrifices but unless you are going for a cultural victory these are not so important. All great nations were hated by many.... Great meaning large.

Tdot1, Balerune, c4c6 and 1 other person like this.
  5. bladex

bladex Emperor

just get used to it. if they give you any trouble bulldoze them out of the way into a corner. that's what i do :queen:

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

This. There are too many agendas that inflict hatred towards you, and not enough that make them like you more. I like the agenda system, I just feel it needs more work.

And warmongering reputation should be ignored (completely) by more warlike civs like the Aztecs the exception being that you attacked that specific Civ in the past.

baboon, c4c6 and Victoria like this.
  7. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

And that's the problem

c4c6 likes this.
  8. bladex

bladex Emperor

no THAT'S the solution! Ai are just a joke right now they are so untrustworthy they Will backstab you at the drop of the hat even after you've done everything to please them. so don't trust them and don't even open your borders to them...EVA. bullying them is the ONLY solution :thumbsup:

9. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

Except when they backstab you they either do nothing or send units to die and level up your forces. At some point the World Congress (or it's Civ VI alternative) will re-appear and diplomacy will actually matter again.

10. bladex

bladex Emperor

sure they will add that back in...as an expansion pack :p

greygamer likes this.
  11. kamex

kamex Emperor

Whats really annoying is when you get attacked around turn 20 for having 'low production' or something ridiculous.

12. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Everybody hates everybody in this game.

bladex likes this.
  13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

try using mods: fewer AI tantrums + agenda tweaks + smoother difficulty is a good combo I'd recommend

14. bladex

bladex Emperor

i use ai+ it's supposed to make the ai better doesn't seem to do much for me.

15. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

AI+ focuses on making them better at waging war, the ones above are aimed at making them behave in a less psycho way :D

16. bladex

bladex Emperor

didn't work norway and france are just as psycho as ever

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I think another issue is that AIs are more inclined to DOW the player on higher difficulties

18. TheBossInTheWal

TheBossInTheWal Chieftain

My main problem is the decay of the warmongering label. It takes a very very long time.

baboon likes this.
  19. baboon

baboon Warlord

Thanks all for the answers. Meanwhile I tried to make a pious religious civ (Japan) and well, they hate me again. Now they think I'm stupid and weak. I'll just return the hate, I shot all their chariots without a single loss.

So, from what I've read it's hardly avoidable to be hated and it doesn't even matter that much compared to Civ 5 (no UN that destroys your economy)

It's pity, I just liked it when someone was just a fan the entire game.

20. baboon

baboon Warlord

Yeah, especially when you conquered a capital, which is in my opinion, the best thing to conquer.