Everything about map generation at start

Mr_PeaCH

Chieftain
No, I don't have the answers. Just the questions. If anyone would be so kind as to tell me where to find this information or explain it themselves I would be most grateful. Additionally, if anyone knows of a mod which offers more customization in ways to generate a random map I'm all ears.

I have been striving to find out how to generate more oases (oasis plural) on maps and was told, correctly, that while a HOT map generates more desert terrain, when coupled with DRY it generates few oases. HOT and WET generates more oases and also quite a bit of jungle.

I'd like to be able to tweak more aspects discretely beyond HOT and COLD, WET and DRY, NEW and OLD. I don't even know what sea level really does for example. Exposes more land if low? Any effect on lakes or inland seas - does anyone know for sure?

I'm also open if anyone has found a quicker way to generate random maps and reveal them in order that I can do more experimentation myself. But mostly I'd like to know what you know, if you know more than the basics on generating random maps and especially if you can direct me to a mod somewhere that does more tweaking.

P

Top Bottom