Exodus Gate question..

ProphetMaster

Warlord
Okay, I am trying for my first win at this game. I am up to level 15 in Purity and still can't get the "exodus gate" to appear on my production options even though I got nanotechnology a long time ago (chose it as my free tech in a virtue). So what the heck? Very frustrated....going to bed.:mad:

Its not a direct prerequisite, but if you check the "quests and victories" window under the Exodus point, you will see that you are currently in the "Build a lasercom Sat" step. Shot one one into the sky and you can start building the Gate. (And should have some prebuild roads/magrails/Phase Transporters handy)

Its not a direct prerequisite, but if you check the "quests and victories" window under the Exodus point, you will see that you are currently in the "Build a lasercom Sat" step. Shot one one into the sky and you can start building the Gate. (And should have some prebuild roads/magrails/Phase Transporters handy)

Thanks a lot!! I am now in business. Unfortunately, I have 0-of-20 Earthlings through the Gate so far and I am in a hell of a war with Elodie. She hates me. She is Supremacy and I am Purity. She just sent in her Apostles and Redeemers to take out my city. I expected she would do this so I made an army of mostly Dragoons to stop her. I LOVE these Dragoon units. They are so fast that they can go anywhere in one or two turns and once you get 3 of them working together, they hit hard enough to kill anything.

Now that I have stopped her attack, I think I may have enough Dragoons and True Batttlesuits to go after her own Gate. She has the Gate positioned between her capital and another larger city. I know I have killed a lot of her army, but she surely has a lot of orbital defenses ready for me. Does the Gate "defend" itself like a trade station does, or will one hit from a Dragoon destroy it?

Also, what can I do to speed up the pace of Earthlings coming through the Gate? How many turns does it normally take approximately?:)

Yeah, I love the upgraded Rovers too - it's hard to justify building other melee units for actual late game combat.

The gate itself it pretty weak. I cannot one shot it with one Rover, but the second hit usually destroys it.

Another option is, if you have planes in the range, to bombard it first with a plane or two, and then finish off with a dragoon.

If it's not too far from the border, a squad of 3-4 Dragoons is enough to both distract the enemy and kill the gate.

Also, what can I do to speed up the pace of Earthlings coming through the Gate? How many turns does it normally take approximately?:)
You can send one Earthling through the gate per turn. Since they travel at one hex per turn, connecting the gate and future settling sites with roads/magrails is important. Keep in mind that Earthlings and Workers are both civilian units and cannot occupy the same tile. Thus, build the road connections early, so that the Earthlings don't have to bypass the workers building the road for them :crazyeye: Other than that, I don't know of any way to speed up the progress, so the absolute minimum is 20 turns.

A few other tricks:
- come up with a good way to remember to summon an Earthling every turn once the gate is built
- remember to finish Magrail on the tile that will have the Exodus Gate itself before the wonder is finished. I didn't do it the first time I went for this Victory Condition, and each settler had to spend an extra turn getting out of the forested gate.
- once you have a plan for where the four settlement locations will be, send Earthlings to the far away locations first, and make sure the closest one (ideally, right next to the gate) has room for the last several settlers. This way, your last settlers will join the nearby settlement right away without requiring extra turns after being summoned.
It should be possible to take exactly 20 turns in most situations using this approach.

Top Bottom