1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

exodus Gate

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Mista, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Mista

Mista Chieftain

Maybe i'm just dumb. but I built the exodus gate but see no way to activate it. Nothing happens.

2. ZTZaorish

ZTZaorish Chieftain

There is a spawn colonist button near the wonder icon down there. I blame that goofy dark blue UI for you not seeing it tbh.

3. Mista

Mista Chieftain

thanks. i'll look for it tonight. maybe it is something like that with the Phasor Transporter (sic) It offers me the optiont move my guy anywhere, but nothing happens. Maybe my eyes are just too ole.

4. Mista

Mista Chieftain

Okay, next question. I click the button and a blue light surrounds the gate. Nothing else happens. Is it an automatic restponse from time to time? or am i m issing something else.

5. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

Once you click the button, an "Earthling settler" unit is supposed to spawn. They have 1 movement point so it's wise to either move them along magrails or have them swim across. Or use that teleporter satellite thingy. You can settle them anywhere you want as long as it follows the city placement rules. You can then settle another one on top, up to 6. Since you need to settle 20 of them, you need at least 4 of them

6. Mista

Mista Chieftain

Well, that's not happening. Nothing happens. It's a little frustrating. I have a big defensive army ready to protect, but not ready for offense. Looks like i'll have to go conquering. Meanwhile, i'm ready to kill the opposing MindFlower when it appears. You plan the game strategy for emancipaddedation, but then have ti switch.

7. Mista

Mista Chieftain

I've watched the gate in operation by an opponent while bringing troops across the sea to destroy it. but not for me.

8. PvtHudson

PvtHudson Chieftain

Exodus gate operates with red visual effects, emancipation gate - with yellow. Are you sure you hadn't built a Beacon for contact victory?

9. Mista

Mista Chieftain

No, it has a red pulsing interior light, and the label on it is "Exodus Gate." it just doesn't work.

10. stormtrooper412

can you upload your save game so someone else can open it and see what happened?

11. Mista

Mista Chieftain

I'll give her a try.

Attached Files:

12. stormtrooper412

well it has the map packs so I can't open the save game

13. ZTZaorish

ZTZaorish Chieftain

Hey Mista,

I downloaded your save. It works actually. Basically, at the bottom left, you have to click the little icon that says "Summon Setter" or whatever. Then a settler will come through. Make sure you select the gate first.

I summoned a settler immediately within loading into your game, it works.

14. Mista

Mista Chieftain

Thanks. i never noticed that little icon. and wouldn't have known what to do with it anyway. I restarted another game, aimimg for supremacy and EMancipation gate and had the same problem. similar solution.
    However, i have not found the trick to make the Phasal lTransporter work. Maybe it's the same thing. there is an action to select, to transport him somewhere else, but nothing seems to happen.

15. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

IIRC, units can only be phased from within a city. Could even be they need full movement, or at leat a full movement point.