1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Expanding The Dynamic Names

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Omega124, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I had a blissful idea looking at the Dynamic names. Some civs are lacking special names when they vassalize other civs. Others only come during the late-game, so you have the generic names until then. These are some ideas I had to remedy that.

Note: We should probably follow Rhye and use the vassalizer's native language for the vassalized country whenever we can (France vassalizing Germany-Allemagne)

America vassalizing a civ: Territory of X (Territory of (New) Mexico-Aztec, Territory of Italy-Rome, etc)

Greece vassalizing a civ: Hellenistic X (Hellenistic Aegypt-Egypt, Hellenistic

Inca vassalizing a civ (Yeah, right :p): Xsuyu (Brittianiasuyu-England, Iberiasuyu-Spain, etc)

early Germany vassalizing a civ: Principality of X

early Russia vassalizing a civ: Grand Duchy of X

Any other suggestions? Better names than mine? Just say it

2. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

For the english and american names and vassal names you should look at this dynamic name modmod. i think the rest of them aren't quite what your looking for but it would give you loads of names to start with :)

3. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Not that easy. I think it would be better if the RFC dynamic naming system was replaced by the DCM component used in RevDCM. It was never individually updated to 3.19 though. I do have quite a few ideas though.

4. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

Inca Maya Mali etc use the general generated names, though, so it'll be like colony of X.. :(
    We need to working out to break that code away...