Expansion Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry. its hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic through a computer screen.

OH.... now i get it.
the regions sly contribution to the world resembles that of which is opinated for australia, therefore justifying the use of it, only if australia is included since its small achievements match. this causes a sarcastic-sardonic relation that causes HUMOR.

ooooooooooooooh

(ps: bring in australia)

relax Pattrick MacPatriot, Im kidding. i do believe that although most places will not agree, Australia has made quite a few technological and cultural advances. Like the buque-bus.

oh, mexico is THE country fueling the new "Vegetable Oil" fuel. yeah, thats why the tortilla prices went up, because we sold em' all to the USA.

now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to turn off my cellphone, get off this mountain and go back to my adobe hut to watch my family starve (stereotype, stereotype, stereotype, we are not as backwater as you think!)

guess were the color TV was invented?
were was gum invented?
were was chocolate invented?
(still, I don't think these are too great achievements):crazyeye:

and as for mexico? I'm not offended because I'm not from there :lol: (nice try kiddo:rolleyes: )

oh, and by-the-by (not to do with expantion civs) i don't like the way that in the game they are called "america" or "american empire" (im talking to you USA) "America" is a continent named after Amerigo Vespuccio who explored the coasts of brazil and further south.

All good, i wasn't trying to be nasty toward Mexico, or an individual such as yourself (unlike other arrogent people), the idea was put forward to have Mexico in but not Aust, i was just curious as to what they had done. All countries have done great things, i'll leave it at that. Good call on the "America" thing.

Hitti, i think there just not getting it... :( If australia are in the next expansion, im making a mod to replace them with a civ of equal terms:

Siberia.

And dont knock siberia, they have lots of forests that help fuel the atmosphere... and thats all they do.

With arrogence like that, are you from the US like your location gives the impression of under your name ( 'amerika' )???? We might only be 219 yrs old (since Brit settlement), but we have done alot and still are. Not nice comparing us to Sibera. Your comments just show how arrogant (very missplaced) and how ignorant you are.

Donny73, compare Australia's achievements to these:

1) Spain, they had a humongous overseas empire, they were the richest nation on their greatest times. Spanish fought their way to independence against maybe more advanced Moors. With Austria they were part of the great Habsburg Empire.

2) America has had a huge impact to the world, they maybe twisted WW2 to favour of Britain. Also many technological advances and big landmass.

3) Incas built big cities in the Andes, and managed to survive in the mountains with their agricultural achievements. They also had a huge economy with their gold and silver.

4) Mali united a big landmass in Africa under one ruler. They were the biggest empire ever in that area. Also they were very rich with their gold.

5) India has the holy city of Buddhism and Hinduism, two major religions of the world. Also Mahatma Gandhi kinda got India independent with peace by pressuring Britain.

Australia's achievements seem a bit small.

Your right, our achievements aren't as huge as some and yes your points above are well said, but i don't believe ours are that small though. Again your right re your comments above, i wasn't trying to say other countries have done nothing, or aren't that great if that was the impression i gave, i just got a little offended that it seemed the feeling was that Aust is nothing that great or not worthy. We have made some pretty good achievments to the world (We aren't as arrogent as some to say that everyone else is no good {not directed at you Hitti-Litti or Sebiche}).

To all

Sorry, I'm not trying to rubbish anyone or their counties achievemnts (like some), as i've said each time, all countries have done their thing and i joined this site as i just wanted to highlight that we have done some pretty major things as well, but hay, we are proud of what we have done to help out people of the world, we know how good it is to be an Aussie, so i'll leave it at that. I'm not here to have a debate that is going to turn this nasty, like some. I'll just finish by saying, bring on Civ 5.

Australia would be a good choice for a new civilization in the expansion. Oh wait, I threw in two extra letters.. I meant Austria. Seriously, look at how many civilizations would be in before Australia..

Netherlands: Dominated trade.
Portuguese: Dominated navigation.
Austria: Dominated royal marriages and land supremacy.
Australia: Dominated the prison cells in Britain.

Nilmerf@ Maybe not Austria, though it managed to hold down Ottomans, it lost the 30 Years War with Spain on it's side(The Habsburgian Empire!). But if I had to choose between Austria and Australia, I'd choose Austria.

Donny73@ I didn't get the impression that you mocked other nations, I just placed an argument against your "Australia, Australia, :woohoo:" talk. Invention of refrigerators is a big achievement, but not big enough to achieve a status of Civilization.

this thread is getting ... hum... stupid?

Why wouldn't Austria be in the game?
You never saw Sissi?

IMHO any modern country which doesn't have roots far into medieval or ancient times isn't a good civ client.
Australia? well, it's still a british colony for me.
The only great achievement I know from australia is Elle McPherson (and some cool guys hanging around in this forum).
I still laugh when I see New York founded in 3000 BC, when york isn't founded yet :lol:.

Of course I'm European, and I'm not really seeingthings as I would if I was from Mexico.
But I don't see how you can have in the same game the incas, mayas, aztec and mexico or brazil. It's the same place, isn't it?

The civs that really need to be in civ (and should have been there from the scratch) are netherlands and portugal.
I won't cry if australia, mexico, brazil, iceland, polynesia, poland, austria, ostrogoths, lapony, penguinland or any others are in too, but those 2 need to be in.

Australia would be a good choice for a new civilization in the expansion. Oh wait, I threw in two extra letters.. I meant Austria. Seriously, look at how many civilizations would be in before Australia..

Netherlands: Dominated trade.
Portuguese: Dominated navigation.
Austria: Dominated royal marriages and land supremacy.
Australia: Dominated the prison cells in Britain.

Austria would be a good idea, but I'm stuck on who would lead that civilization. Maybe Maria Theresa.

i think we all just need to take a really deep breath and relax

austria? eh...
i get the idea, but isn't europe crowded enough?

look sometimes we got to deal with the fact that maybe our countries AREN'T worthy enough. that they haven't caused a big enough global impact. i'm from uruguay, that tiny country the simpsons made fun of (ha, f*** you homer, "u-r-gay") and you don't see me complaining.

cabert, think: would civ be fun if there wasn't enough space to get A city on the freakin map?

look sometimes we got to deal with the fact that maybe our countries AREN'T worthy enough. that they haven't caused a big enough global impact. i'm from uruguay, that tiny country the simpsons made fun of (ha, f*** you homer, "u-r-gay") and you don't see me complaining.

cabert, think: would civ be fun if there wasn't enough space to get A city on the freakin map?

are you aware that even with 255 civs into the package, you don't start any game with more than 18?

yeah i know, but honestly, do we need to include them all? in that case just play Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday

Of course I'm European, and I'm not really seeingthings as I would if I was from Mexico.
But I don't see how you can have in the same game the incas, mayas, aztec and mexico or brazil. It's the same place, isn't it?

The civs that really need to be in civ (and should have been there from the scratch) are netherlands and portugal.
I won't cry if australia, mexico, brazil, iceland, polynesia, poland, austria, ostrogoths, lapony, penguinland or any others are in too, but those 2 need to be in.

Yes i'm back and better then ever...

Let's start things of, First of all anyone in the world is gonna agree that Dutch and Portugal would be in. But the fact is that the expansion pack is gonna come with more then 2 civs, so we're guessing which other civs are gonna be in. Portugal and Dutch are no brainers. And Australia i agree with who ever said that australia is still like a british colony, but i'd replace british colony with commonwealth colony.

Australia has done vast amount of things but compared to spain and england it hasn't done much. If australia can get in then canada would've already been in already. I mean come on Canada has done quite a bit more then australia, But yes some amazing things like the refrigerator came from australia, so wouldn't it be a better for the game to have some kind of research called "refrigerator" that makes your people more happy and less likely to starve.

And NO, no more leaders, if we're gonna have more civs then we don't need more leaders. for all i know it by the next expansion pack England is gonna have 6 leaders.

For a Modern Day nation to be added then it has to be a MAJOR POWER. That is why USA is in, because it is a major power. And don't start messing with me asking why the Modern Day European countries for let's say dutch should be included when they aren't a major power now. Obviously it's because they were major powers in the past.

And back to the quote from the top, It shames me that Poland is being compared to Iceland (no offense). But Iceland is Norse/Danish.

Now i am gonna compare Poland to Austria. Austria should be in, and even if it's not good enough then let's just say Austria-Hungary. Austria and Poland were at the same level in Power and alot of other things in the middle ages. Poland has produced some of the Greatest leaders of all time. It was Polish King Jan Sobieski who led the german-polish-austrian force to save the siege of Vienna. King Ladislav II Jagiello who defeated the Teutonic Knights at Grumwald and Marshal Jozef Pilsudski who was the polish leader in the Bolshevek wars against russia. i know more about polish history then austrian history but i know that there is alot of things austria did.

Oh and what is Penguinland?

Brazil is not one of my options because they were portugeuse so it wasn't brazil that was the power in south america, it was portugal. and even then Spain was Much bigger the portugal and on the top of that Gran Colombia/New Granada is also bigger then brazil. if Gran Colombia/New Granada is in i think i'd still prefer Argentina over Brazil as brazil is to much like portugal. ( i don't want to sound harsh to Brazil sorry if i did)

But i think there is gonna be some civ from south america.

And i bring to you the 3rd No brainer civ. The Mayans! who foregot about them? Everyone did. It's the only main civilization from ancient times that has been left out.

i don't want any north american tribe, i'd be surprised if they put them in.

Mexico has a very nice chance to as other people have pointed out.

let's say there are only 6 civs that can be picked. Here is the list of ones i think they'll put in.

1. Dutch
2. Portugal
3. Mayans
4. Poland
5. Austria/ Austria-Hungary
6. Gran Colombia/New Granada/ Venezuela (Venezuela was the main power inside Gran Colombia)

WILD CARD: Mexico

Seriously we have every civ that was left behind that need to be put in. Do we really need any more? there obviously not gonna put in Canada or Australia. and the only other civ that even has a chance compared to these guys is Mexico.

And i bring to you the 3rd No brainer civ. The Mayans! who foregot about them? Everyone did. It's the only main civilization from ancient times that has been left out.

No, the Mayan civilization is not the only main ancient civilization that has been left out. There still is no Babylonian civilization, and I'd like to see them come in the next expansion with two leaders; Hammurabi and Nebuchadnezzar II. Why two leaders? There has been both Old Babylon and New Babylon, and I believe the next expansion needs at least one leader to represent both.

i agree

touchdown! third basket of the game so thats deuce

the next expansion with probably be another disapointmen, and im expecting it allready. 2 new civs. full stop. other things of course. but i wont hold my breath...

lets be positive for a second, was Warlords that much of a dissapointment? i'll tell you whats a disapointment:

"Splinter Cell 4 for GameCube"
uhh i had to get into a depression treatment place.

You're probably correct.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I just hope they don't have the same changes that happened between Civ3 and C3C. I never played that game, but I read Sullla's editorial about C3C's downsides and I definetely don't want lethal bombardment in the game. I want to see my units fighting, not just bombing city garrisons to dust and walking into the undefended cities with cavalry and tanks.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom