1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Expansion Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Xineoph, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

2 Leaders are only needed in the situation you mentioned, but really why does england need 3 Leaders?

And Babylon is another one that i foregot. but seriously it's the Arabs, Persians, Ottomans. The Babylonians were just arabs who settled in one place and called themselves a civilization. So do we really need them?

2. Swein Forkbeard

Swein Forkbeard Nintendo Fan

They were in Civ3, so why not now?:confused:

3. Sebiche

Sebiche is better than you

BECAUSE they were a very, very, very, very, very, very, very ancient civilization and one of the only ones to do anything incredibly meaningful such as they're hanging gardens, blue-tiled walls and other stuff.

4. cabert

cabert Big mouth

refrigeration is already in the game!

would be great!
    I'd like to have all french kings and presidents in too ;)

Here we have an agreement.

there was no comparison, see below

OK austrian-hungarian empire was something worth noticing, and could be worth a civ.

it's a fantasy name to say I really don't care if "not quite major powers" are included in the game. I just can't understand why the dutch and portugal weren't in the vanilla game already.

5. Swein Forkbeard

Right, the Ishtar Gates were also built by the Babylonians, as well as the Hanging Gardens. Maybe the Ishtar Gates can become a new wonder in the next expansion. Firaxis already has artwork for that wonder, anyway.

6. Swein Forkbeard

would be great!
    I'd like to have all french kings and presidents in too ;)

I'd like to have Charles de Gaulle or Charlemagne as a new French leader in the next expansion. Firaxis, in fact, already has a leaderhead for de Gaulle.

7. cabert

cabert Big mouth

yep de gaulle may be the only "recent" french leader of note, and it would be good to have him for a WWII scenario.

8. ZB2

ZB2 New wave Ideology

ahhh WW2... the only war people know about. and hitler too! as he's the only genocidal leader everyone knows... Its like world history only started at 1939.

:sad:

Byzantium Empire anyone?

9. cabert

cabert Big mouth

hum,
    did you notice that there is an alexander scenario in the game?
    and a chinese unification one?

Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about.

10. ZB2

ZB2 New wave Ideology

i wasnt aiming that at you man. just there seam to be alot of people who just want so and so leader and civ becuase 'they were in World War 2'. twas not at you.

11. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

lol i was being sarcastic about the refrigerator thing (not very good at it). :/

and what is the use of civs when there are so many leaders? if we had so many leaders then each civ would be meaningless and the only difference would be buildings and units. (not much there then is there)

Why would you need more leaders when there's more civs?

It might be ok if they make 30 new traits (highly unlikely)

12. Sebiche

i think all civs should have 3 leaders at the least. lets get some variety around here.

imagine a leader thats: aggressive protective
    thats like an oxymoron
    passive-agresive

13. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

if all civs had 3 leaders then there needs to be more traits. (alot more) then it wouldn't be a problem and people will stop bothering other people asking for more leaders.

14. Swein Forkbeard

Passive-Aggressive Tokugawa Ieyasu:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Sebiche

that guy is more like
    isolationalist/bad ally

i can NEVER get along with that dude

16. cabert

cabert Big mouth

I don't see why a combination of traits should only be given to one leader.

17. Swein Forkbeard

Firaxis probably doesn't want to have any overlaps (there were a LOT in Civ3).

18. Thanatosimii

Thanatosimii Chieftain

Strictly speaking the babylonians are east semites -- Arabs and Jews are west semites. We arguably need at least one, if not all three major east semite kingdoms- Akkad, Babylon, or Assyria. Ok... we could live without Akkad, but both Babylon and Assyria belong. Think, in 1000 years when civilization 504 comes out, would you like to see the spanish left out because they already included the french, or the british because they already included the germans?

19. Prestidigitator

Prestidigitator Prince

The Babylonians must be included, they should have been there in the first place. The Arabs aren't enough representing the Babylonians in the game, the Babylonians had a distinct culture, which if you go deep into tradition is infact Iraqi culture.
    We do not, however, need Assyria or Akkad. Either of the Civilizations would be Okay but having more than one Mesopotamian civ is really too much. For a game like Civ we only need one civilization representing Mesopotamia (Iraq); that'd be Babylonia, Assyria, Sumeria or possibly Akkad. Having many is too much, having none is a historical crime ;).

The civilizations of Iraq contributed many great things to human civilization, to say the least: Irrigation, writing, the wheel and Civil-law. Without mentioning any civ names I think they feature many things that make other civs in the game backward and meaningless given that Mesopotamia is not included :rolleyes:.

20. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

But Prestidigitator, you already have Babylonia in [ADVERTISEMENT]Rhye's and Fall of Civilization for Warlords![ADVERTISEMENT]

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.