Expansion Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austria and (austria-hungary monarhy)was a major power and a world player for a very large period of time and it should be the first civilization to be added. The ancient kingdoms of Messopotamia are also very important.

New European/Western civs with their leaders

Portugal/Henry the Navigator

Netherland/William of Orange

Mexico/Santa Anna (the evil dictator who won the Battle of the Alamo)

Austria/Maria Theresa

Italy/Giuseppe Garibaldi

Poland/Jagiello (who in the world is Sobieski?:confused: )

Venezuela/Simon Bolivar (it would be :cool: to have him in the game)

Maya/Smoke Jaguar (don't know who else would lead them)

Lakota/Sitting Bull

Iroquois/Hiawatha

Cherokee/Sequoyah

I understand deeply why you would Poland in the next expansion. Not only did the Polish have great military leaders, Poland was also the home of Nicolas Copernicus. The geocentric universe theory prevented the advance of astronomy for more than a millenium, and Copernicus created a theory (known as the heliocentric universe) which would fight against the old geocentric universe theory (though few accepted Copernicus in his time, and even in that of Galileo's).

Poland was a home to billions of great leaders (ok maybe not but..)

Sobieski is possibly the most inportant leader of polish history, He rescued the Siege of vienna from being won by the ottomans, with out the relief force of the polish-german-lithuanian-austrian-hungarian army led by sobieski. the entire austria-hungary would have been won by the ottomans.

Seriously the ottomans would've captured all of the austrian-hungarian empire which would have been a huge loss to all of europe if it wasn't for Sobieski.

i don't know if it's the western thing, But Poland was a major power in europe, and might still even be more of a power then countries like dutch and portugal. The only reason Dutch and Portugal should be included is because of it's colonies and history, there both now not major powers, more like small minor powers while poland is on the line of major and minor powers.

what did dutch and portugal do in WW2? nothing (please don't say dutch underground) and come on, Poland held out longer against germany then FRANCE. that has to count for something. France only held out for a month (if i'm correct) and poland held out for 8 weeks (i think) that almost 3 times more then france.

The only reason Poland wasn't in the game is cause it didn't colonize the world.

Back to the topic,

The reason Canada is not gonna be included is because it can't compete with the dutch, portugeuse, or poland. America is included cause it's the world only remaining Super-power after the USSR disbanded. (could argue with Russia, EU , China and Japan)

There are 4 levels of being a power:

Super Power USA
Major Power Russia, China, Japan, EU
Minor Power Dutch, Portugal, Poland
Small Power: Canada

(yes i know that all 3 minor powers listed are part of the eu)

and the kingdom of Sweden is a huge difference from the vikings, but maybe the vikings could mean more general including greenland, iceland, kingdom of sweden, norway finland and denmark.

ha! USA as a super power. you made my day a little bit brighter

im not saying its not, but cerainly not the only one in the world!

I want the Netherlands in more than you might think. If we just say "the Netherlands was a major colonizing nation after the discovery of the new world", that's not enough.

As well as being great colonizers, the Dutch were great inventors too. While Galileo was being punished by the Roman Catholic Church for accepting Copernicus's heliocentric universe theory, the Dutch invented the telescope (Hans Lippershey), the microscope (Antony van Leeuwenhoek), and the pendulum clock (Christiaan Huygens), along with making scientific advancements (microbes come to mind).

i never said they weren't good enough just because they colonized the world and nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, netherlands is much more of a reason to be added then poland is. But that is mainly because they colonized the world. Alot of Portuguese and Polish scientists were inventing stuff as well as the dutch. Besides at that time they were known as the united Provinces.

By the way, non-Western civs with leaders:

Sumeria/Gilgamesh

Babylon/Hammurabi and Nebuchadnezzar II

Assyria/Senacherib

Nubia/Tiye

Cambodia/Suryavarman II

Vietnam/Ho Chi Minh

TheLastOne36 said:
and the kingdom of Sweden is a huge difference from the vikings, but maybe the vikings could mean more general including greenland, iceland, kingdom of sweden, norway finland and denmark.

Vikings weren't a unified tribe, they were bucnh of barbarians united under one name. And there were no Finnish vikings.

Barbarians have no leaders

lmfao! i litterally lol'd at that.

russia is not a major power. Putin is still poorly trying to bring the Federation back from massive, and cataclysmic economic catastrophe, i say poorly becuase he still wont give worker unions rights of say in court and wont acknowledge individualism. a major flaw in low economy countries.

and USA being the last super power is not the only reason for them being in the game, theres a lot more, same with all the allready included civs.. Minus Mali.

• Byzantium Empire
  • Babylonian Empire
  • Portugese Empire
  • Dutch Empire
  • Mayan Empire
  • Austrian Empire, i can go half way with it being a major world power back in the day...

Vikings weren't a unified tribe, they were bucnh of barbarians united under one name. And there were no Finnish vikings.

Yes i know that, but maybe Fireaxis doesn't want to put in vikings, denmark, finland, sweden and everyone else but they might mean that the vikings are more of a general civ that includes the vikings, sweden, finland, lapland, denmark, norway, greenland, iceland and the Faeroe Islands.

i'm not saying that the vikings settled in finland (i think they did though, correct me if i'm wrong) i'm saying it's Scandinavia (and other places) not just vikings.

well you could also argue with other countries like the uk, france, germany. And yes back in the day austria was a major power.

Edit: just wanted to say, The next expansion NEEDS Bolivar, so Venezuela is the best choice. (out of curiosity, did you know that Bolivar was Basque? his family moved from the basque country and immigrated to Venezuela around 1500 hundreds)

w00t im Basque

anyway, i still resent you people saying that the USA is the last super power. thats a bunch of bulls***

Here are the new civs/leaders with UUs that I think the game most needs for the next expansion.

Babylon/Hammurabi and Nebuchadnezzar II
UU: Bow Man (not sure what else)

Maya/Smoke Jaguar
UU: Holcan Spearman (from Age of Empires III)

Netherlands/William of Orange
UU: Swiss Pikeman

Austria/Maria Theresa
UU: Hussar (not sure what else)

Portugal/Henry the Navigator
UU: Cassador (form Age of Empire III)

Sumeria/Gilgamesh
UU: Vulture (somewhere I saw the Sumerians were going to be in Vanilla Civ4 and this was their UU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom