Expansion Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ther should be Poland.

It was one of the greatest kingdoms in medivalages. it was the only one kingdom that stopped turks and defeated teutonic knights what more they destroyed sweedish army in 17th century. between 15-17th age it was the largest and biggest kingdom in Europe. So i think it should be nice to play poland in civ 4

sorry not 'the largest and biggest' but largest and strongest
Whats more when Hitler come to power in Germany he didnt attacked Poland sooner than in 1939 only becouse he was affraid of polish leader Pilsudski. He was the only one person in world that Adolf hitler was scared and admired.

After the war The polnad become one of communistic countries but also it was the only one country that ssaid no to cccp. That how the legend of Lech Walesa and solidarnosc has been born

Czechs should be in the game too :) During the Hussite rebellions, all Catholic Europe feared us...

Lol Poland was the biggest Kingdom? Are you insane!?

Anyways, As a spin off of the Greeks I think that Sparta would be awesome!

MattJek said:
Can someone care to explain why Canada should be a civ? If Canada should be in it then why not South Africa, New Zealand or Montenegro for that matter

Why should america be a civ?

Mossero said:

Poland was indeed a mighty, influential kingdom, allied with Lithuania in "Rzec Pospolita".

Mossero said:
http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1600.htm

This is map of Europe circa 1600. On it, show it to me please something bigger than Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. :p
Oh, no! It's so small You can actually have trouble fining it. Look for small blue spot in the East :|

And yeah, Czech would be very cool. Maybe with Libuse as a leader? :)

jar2574 said:
Some of them built towns.
Well you would have to specify the indian nation then becuse no indians around here ever built anything bigger than a peble ring.

Big Bottom said:
I can't believe I forgot to say this (it's my homeland) but I'd like to see a Scottish civ as well. I notice the civ in the game is called 'English' and not 'British' which certainly means the possibility isn't ruled out. They could have a UU which can consume the English with fireballs from it's eyes and bolts of lightning from it's arse.
:lol: But sirosly I would love to see them as a civ since my ancestors came from scotland.

MattJek said:
Can someone care to explain why Canada should be a civ? If Canada should be in it then why not South Africa, New Zealand or Montenegro for that matter
Because Canada played an extremly influential part of the 19,20,and 21'st century's. I really cannot see the reson why canada was not included originally when amarica was, other than the fact that civ 4 is an amarican game and amaricans have always been more than a little resentfull/ignorant of canada. (Probably has somthing to do with us burning the white house in a war that never happened according to them :lol: ).

Dubhghaill said:
C) No, Canada should not be a civilization, because we have nothing unique about us beyond our British humour, and politeness (which I think would be hard to infuse into the game)
Well its true there are a lot of non patriotic canadians like you, it is not true the rest of us are the same. I can mention a hundred great accomplishments canada has under its belt from being one of the first nations to gain its fredom from the empire using passive resistence (you didnt know that was our plan all along? ;) ) to fighting, and wining in every major war since our colonization, including beting back 2 amarican invasions, To the great transcontinental railroad, To being birthplace of some of the top minds, and inventions of the world... and so on...

Anyways I dont have time to finish reading this thread so here are my pics:

1. Canada
2. Scot's
3. The Celts
4. Ottomans
5. Vikings

P.S I forgot to mention the 2 greatest achevments of Canada:
1. We litteraly invented hockey :king: .
2. We have managed to put up with Amarica as a nebor for hundreds of years without lossing our sense of humor (check out The "Arrogant Worms" and you'll see what I mean)

Mossero said:

I dunno about Sparta being a spinoff, but I do think Leonidas would make a pretty cool 2nd leader for the Greeks :D

My top five are:

Babylon (need more ancient era civs)
Ottomans (once the most powerful empire in Europe)
Carthage (new Classical Era, to go with the Romans)
Austria or the Holy Roman Empire (though Germany covers the HRE, Austria was, from the late Renaissance until after WWI, a dominant power in Europe. in fact, I'm suprised that they haven't been included in any previous Civ's. Charles V should probably be their leader)
Iroquis (because native north americans deserve some representation)

As alternates, the Dutch, Vikings, Celts, Zulus, Poland and either Korea or Siam. Phoneicans would also be an interesting and refreshing addition.

BaldyOneNut said:
Why should america be a civ?

To promote truth, justice and the American Way. To give you: Superman, Spiderman, Batman and Captain America; along with the Mall of America, Disneyland and Magic Mountain. These are truly great, monumental achievements in the course of history, please don't count us out.

We need better leaders, though! How about: Malcolm X, Joe Liberman, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Paul Bunyan. :)

Adolf Hitler of the Germans (i'm sure this nomination will stir the politically correct brainwashed crowd into a frenzy)

Attila of the Huns, AKA "The Scourge of God," (if we lived in 440 a.d. then this nomination would surely stir the crowd)

Hannibal of Carthage (if we lived in the 202 b.c. then this would surely stir the politically correct crowd, wait a minute - they didn't have political correctness back in those days, nevermind)

Chief Sitting Bull of the Apache Tribe (if we lived in 1876 then this would surely stir the crowd into a fenzy).

Santa Anna of Mexico (if we lived in 1836 then this would surely stir the crowd into a frenzy)

And then finally........since religion plays a key role, Pat Robertson of the mighty Protestant Kingdom. LOL! Watch out for this guy, he believes in leader assassination. He would be the terror of Civilization 4.

Emperor_Gog said:
Adolf Hitler of the Germans (i'm sure this nomination will stir the politically correct brainwashed crowd into a frenzy)

I too am disappointed that Mr. Hitler didn't make the cut for the German side. Being a German buff I was hoping for him to be in Civ IV. I can understand the insentive not to add him--but, they added Mao tsu-tung at one point did they not? I think he killed many more people than Adolf did.

Noooooo!!!! Not Pat. Of course, he would be a war monger.

You know, as I read all the suggestions out there for making civ better, I realize that the next civ is going to cost approximately $800.00, so start saving.

Yes if they include General De Gaulle why not Konrad Adenauer or Heinrich Honecker :goodjob: ?

They should add Thailand ...

But i would like possibity of fusion beetwen civilisations like probabily European Union in few decades

The Flemish have always been overlooked in civ...
Agreed, we might not represent much of a world power these days ;) , but during most of the middle ages, we were a very important part of European history.

Get Flanders in Civ 4 !
AK:goodjob:

(PS: For inspiration; check out the Flemish in Civ3 modpack The Missing Links)

I thought the multiple maps in Test of Time were cool. Sort of gave a second wind to expansionism after the early game, which was really neat. I wouldn't mind seeing it in Civ 4, but I'm afraid adding it in might overload my already overworked computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom