1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Expansion Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Xineoph, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanez

Yanez Chieftain

Simon Bolivar represented more than Venezuela. And Venezuela is not one of the richest. The people are still poor as hell. And Venezuela does not have the biggest army, nor does it have the "best" one.

Latest stats
    Highest GPD per capita: Chile
    http://www.latinbusinesschronicle.com/app/listado3.aspx

Unemployment as of 2007
    Lowest Chile at 6%
    http://www.foreigninvestment.cl/pdf/Investment_review_february2007.pdf

Chile has less than half the population living under poverty than Venezuela. Only 2-3% away from the U.S.

2. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

well i'm talking more about the government then the people, the governement is becoming rich like hell thanks to the oil.

And in terms of people, it's rapidly changing. The area which my mom comes from, Merida is one of the richer areas, sure there's a couple of poor areas and neighborhoods but most of the city is rich. I know this cause i've been there and my mom is venezuelan.

And yes Simon Bolivar represented more then Venezuela but He was Venezuelan himself, he got Venezuela independent first and Venezuela at the time of colonies, was the richest country in the region. Venezuela was also the country where most of the population lived at the time. (although it changed fairly quickly after Simon Bolivar's conquest.)

Also noticed how i said one of the richest, Venezuela might not have the "best army" but it actually does have the biggest. (according to my information)

I'd be pretty pissed if Simon bolivar ends up the leader of Bolivia instead of Venezuela.

3. Sebiche

Sebiche is better than you

3 Uruguay $ 10,700

Viva la patria!

(but seriously, cut it out with this disscussion. this whole "rating" of countries in south america is gettin pretty offensive, if you ask me)

4. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

I agree.

What do you think of austria and it's chances of getting in BtS?

5. Sebiche

i doubt it.

6. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

probably not. The Habsburgs are covered by Spain. Europe is getting very crowded, and they want to have ALL civilizations, not just the "civilized" ones. Im hoping for a Hebrew/Canaan/Yehuda/Isreal Civ.

AMERICAS
    America
    Aztecs
    Inca
    Maya
    Sioux

WESTERN EUROPE
    England
    France
    Germany
    Rome
    Spain
    Netherlands
    Portugal
    Celts
    Viking

EASTERN EUROPE
    Greece

M.E.
    Arabs
    Persia
    Babylon
    Ottoman

AFRICA
    Egypt*
    Mali
    Carthage
    Zulu

ASIA
    China
    India
    Japan
    Mongolia
    Korea

That means with 5 civs, Asia, E. Europe, Africa are all underrepresented. W. Europe is full. I consider Austria Central Europe (think central powers in WWI), but a part of W.E. even without the divide Europe as a whole is packed.

I think a Siamese/Khmer (Asia), Poland (E.Europe), Hebrew (M.E.), Ethiopia/Axum (Africa), and Polynesia (Oceanian) would work well (last one because of the new wonder)

7. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

I agree Polynesia might be in.

And there uu might be a canoe that goes in the ocean as they have proof that the Polynesians sailed from for example Tuvalu and landed in the Americas in there canoes.

8. Sebiche

yeah they travelled 3,000 miles in canoes.

9. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Hmm...I know the terminology has become vague here. The term of central European used to refer to the mess of lesser Imperial States (the Holy Roman Empire, basically) that existed between the Western European countries and the Eastern European countries. However, since the 1870's, Germany has unified and looks a lot more like a Western European state. That alone presented issues, and then the Cold War really made the West/East divide seem more apparent.

10. Feci

Feci Chieftain

Well, from Eastern Europe, I would like to see Hungary. Think about it: we were a major force in Eastern Europe in the middle age, and there were lots of hungarian scientists and investors (the creator of computer, Neumann János was a hungarian and even the modern ball pen was invested by a hungarian), and our literature is also very rich.

11. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

Hungary could be included, but only as a part of Austria-Hungary.

Just my 0.02 $.

12. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

dont forget Leo Szilard!

Id like to see AUSTRIA included. A-H not so much.

Id also like to see poland-lithuania over poland.

13. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

In open harsh sea

14. Sebiche

yeah, i think one has to think larger than their home culture. So hungarians, invented the ballpoint pen, Uruguayans invented the medical patch, but you don't see me complaining.

15. Feci

Feci Chieftain

Well, the problem with Austria-Hungary is the different culture. Which would be the first city: Wien (Vienna) or Budapest? And Hungary wasn't fully controlled by Austria, thanks to our nobles and their rights.
    If Hungary included in other expansion pack, it's leaders should be:
    I. Szent István (I St. Stephan, King of Hungary 1000-1038)
    Nagy Lajos (Louis the Great, King of Hungary 1342-1382)
    Maria Theresia (Empress of Habsburg Monarchy and Queen of Hungary 1740-1780)
    Kossuth Lajos (Governour of Hungary in 1849)

I've found that article,where I read about the inventor of ball pen. The inventor was Csonka János.

16. Khanate

Khanate Kulturformidler

I wonder if we'll get Ethiopia/Aksum, looking at the new pictures from IGN. Look at the Elephants and their warriors. Elephants means Africa/Asia, and the warriors have crosses on their armor - Ethiopia was Christian. Maybe we also get the incredible Stone Churches as a new wonder? Or maybe I'm hoping to much for another African civilization.

17. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

I really hope Axum is in.

and Israel

those two would force me to buy a PC, CivIV, Warlords, and BtS if they were both in.

18. GANGSTA287

GANGSTA287 Chieftain

Yeah, sorry Canada, you get lumped in with the United States...

Mexico has always been a bigger world player than you :(

of course, mexico is the aztecs already....

ouch...

19. Sebiche

GANGSTA287:

its not said "Estan loco?" its said "Estan Locos" (you are all crazy) or "Estas Loco" (you're crazy)

PS, I do believe the countries name is "United States of America" not the "United States" (theres alot of united states in the world, like the united states of mexico) and last time I checked "America" was a continent.

20. Yanez

Yanez Chieftain

You sure correct a lot considering you mispelled "country's" , instead you put countries. Im jk, i dont give a crap. Be careful though, he is gangsta so that automatically makes him bad :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.