Expansion Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
good call Yanez :D

My question is, if they build a real wall, how are animals that travel though the border regularly going to cop with the wall?

the wall is just stupid. Mexicans know how to climb and how to dig, they'll get around it. they'll do it because they don't want to die.

A wall isn't enough. That's why you need armed sentries, machine guns, nightvision cameras, landmines, tar pits, bear traps, the whole nine yards.

you mean shoot them on sight like animals? there are already an enormous amount of patrolling air sentries, but maching guns, beartraps and landmines sounds like a crime against humanity. they are people you know.

you mean shoot them on sight like animals? there are already an enormous amount of patrolling air sentries, but maching guns, beartraps and landmines sounds like a crime against humanity. they are people you know.

No, my point is that extreme security will scare people away. We won't have to shoot anyone because no one will try to cross the Rio Grande when there are tanks on the other side.

oh god. see there we go again. fighting. I'm gonna go hand out in another forum to prevent the emminent nuclear arguement comming.

PS: they will STILL try to cross the border.

A wall isn't enough. That's why you need armed sentries, machine guns, nightvision cameras, landmines, tar pits, bear traps, the whole nine yards.
You want to fully arm thousands of miles of wall? How do you expect that to work?
Hell, even walls like the Great Wall of China or Hadrian's Wall were never intended to do that, they were essentially just a connected network of lightly manned guard towers and forts. The wall was just to make patrols easier and to slow down invaders so that the defenders had time to organise their armies for response. Those tactics may work against the Mongols or Picts, but not a continuous stream of economic migrants.

Meh, forget it. I was just being cute about the wall. Let's just enforce our existing laws so people will deport themselves because they can't get jobs. A wise man once said: people won't stay at the amusement park if they can't get on the rides.

and... im leaving

see ya everybody

Well, I'm not really bothered what you do about immigration (short of killing them, of course)- I live 6,000 miles away- I just wondered how a 2,000 mile wide castle was supposed to work. ;)

I don't know about you, but i'd like to see the Ottomans, Portuguese, Dutch, Austrians, Mayans, Vikings, Babylon, and the Mughals.

I don't know about you, but i'd like to see the Ottomans, Portuguese, Dutch, Austrians, Mayans, Vikings, Babylon, and the Mughals.

Ottomans and Vikings are in Warlords. Dutch, Portuguese and Mayans will be in BTS I think.

Byzantia must be in civilization4,

because Byzantia was big Imperia

also Bulgaria and Ethiopia

ok then Bulgaria

In civ4 have to be Bulgarian civilization

1.cirilic is bulgarian alphabet.In europe have 3 alphabet one is Cirilic.

2.Strange and long history.Only war and suffer.

War VS Big Barberians(mongolians) , War VS Buzantine , War vs Otoman empire,War vs Russa empire,War vs Serbia, War vs Romania,
War vs Greece, War vs crusader
Bulgaria is unique because win battles,but lose wars.He had wars only vs
empires.

3.Bulgaria win VS crusades 3-4 big battles.This is also unique.

4.Bulgaria have strange legends.This people are going to Asia like mongolians.
They have primitive priests.They have Dark age.

5.Bulgaria had 2 country's,2 territory's.Old Bulgaria was in Ukraine, Old bulgaria
was bigger then Ukraine.Legand for Han Cubrat.But Russia defence old Bulgaria.
6.Bulgaria have Unique title Han.This is like king
7.Old Bulgaria had territory in Ukraine,belarus.
8.New Bulgaria had territory in Serbia,Buzantine ,Greece.

9.When we build civilizations we must havе unique culture,unique history,
unique alphabet,unique title.Bulgaria have this things.

10.In bulgarian territory is find first gold is Europe.Old Egypt golds is very
late in comparison with bulgarian gold.Spartak is tracian.Tracia is in bulgaria.

Bulgaria is unique civilization.

Caracas was also the capitol of the Spanish colonies of south America.

In the Spanish empire of the Americas, there were 2 major viceroyalties at the beginning, those of New Castilla (Later re-named Peru) and New Spain (Mexico).

How is it possible for you to say that Caracas was the capital of the South American side of the empire of Spain? The City of Lima (in Peru) is much more older than Caracas, and it served as the stronghold of the Spanish empire in South America. Lima was even nicknamed the "City of Kings" by the Spanish themselves. :lol:

Later on is when the Spanish began to carve up the Viceroyalty of Peru into those of New Granada (Bogota, Panama, Quito, and Caracas) and Rio de la Plata (Buenos Aires, and Jesuit Paraguay).

Not only that, but Peru served as the most powerful and richest viceroyalty of all the viceroyalties of Spain in the Americas (The fallen Inca empire had a part in that outcome). I even remember reading an article that showed that even when the Jesuits built their settlement in Paraguay, they still had to accept the sovereignty of the city of Lima.

The power the Spanish had over their dear viceroyalty of Peru was so great, that all attempts at independence were crushed (There was certainly a bunch of people that tried, but it was nearly impossible. The Incas themselves had about 14 or 13 major uprisings, something that showed the Inca Empire had only died in name but not in reality). This was obvious enough until the end of the Spanish in South America, for both Bolivar and Jose de San Martin had to fight the Spanish in Peru to finally make them abdicate.

Venezuela was also the home to the Spanish first south American settlement.

And the first South American city was established in Piura. :cool:

So i see no reason to have Bolivia over Venezuela

I agree. :crazyeye:

i think most people don't know the history very well and think Bolivia should be in there cause it's named after bolivar.

Well, first we should analyze what already is there so that then we can discuss what could be there.

Right now, for South America, the only civilization that appears to represent it is that of the Incas. The Inca Empire itself represents more than anything Western South America (More specifically, the Andean region).

The more "Inca-Andean" nations of South America are those of Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. The nations of Colombia, Chile, Argentina, and Venezuela also have some of the Mountain range in them, but the term "Inca" really doesn't represent them for much. Added that these nations are known for other things that could represent them better.

But i'd like to see Mexico in as well.

Mexico is already represented by the Aztecs in the game. Just like the Incas can basically already represent Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador. There's little need for that to happen.

And if you want to pull the argument that Mexico is culturally diversed, then I can also go on and say that Peru should be in the game as a civilization because it's also a multi-cultural nation (Even more than the other nations of South America). :rolleyes:

Going back to the point, out of all the South American nations, the one I think should appear above the rest is Brazil. Gran Colombia I'd set in second. Araucania in third. :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom