Expansion Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the Act of Union did not occur until 1707, over 100 years after James gained the English throne. Until the Act, the King simply maintained two titles and ruled two effectively separate nations.
Secondly, Ireland was not quite the same as Dominion Canada. While the Protestant-dominated Parliament- under the English/British King as "King of Ireland" until the second Act of Union in 1801- did have nominal control, this didn't amount to much, and the country was largely English/British dominated.
Thirdly, what's your point?

Did I really say Scotland and Ireland? Meant England of course. be
past my bedtime. You tell em, Traitorfish. You're on a roll. Night all!

that Britain had nominal control over Ireland, and at a point Scotland (Braveheart) and that the fact that I was sayin that Canada still was maintained by Britain, whereas the British had control(though not in the sense some may take it, very nominal) over Ireland, Britain did not "own" Canada after confedration but it did not own Ireland because of the rebellious acts of Ireland

Plus, traitorfish has a biased view of what Ireland is and was, because of her upbrining(British/Scottish)

So noone from the island of Britain can have a proper understanding of Irish history. What utter nonsense.

that Britain had nominal control over Ireland, and at a point Scotland (Braveheart) and that the fact that I was sayin that Canada still was maintained by Britain, whereas the British had control(though not in the sense some may take it, very nominal) over Ireland, Britain did not "own" Canada after confedration but it did not own Ireland because of the rebellious acts of Ireland
Rebellions do not equate to independence. Do you realise how many rebellions occurred in India? Yet we all agree that India was British Imperial territory. Same with Ireland.

Plus, traitorfish has a biased view of what Ireland is and was, because of her upbrining(British/Scottish)
Firstly, I'm a he.
Secondly, I was raised in a pro-Republican Irish Catholic family. If that gave me any bais, it's in favour of the Irish.

All I said was that Ireland was treated by the British as a foreign colony. What exactly do you find questionable about this statement?

dude we need sudan up in here, with the leader being Omar al-Bashir and the unique unit being the Janjaweed militia of genocide.
then you could have the catholic curch, and umm jesus as the leader, and the unique unit being like, umm... how about a giant ****, yeas

Rebellions do not equate to independence. Do you realise how many rebellions occurred in India? Yet we all agree that India was British Imperial territory. Same with Ireland.

Firstly, I'm a he.
Secondly, I was raised in a pro-Republican Irish Catholic family. If that gave me any bais, it's in favour of the Irish.

All I said was that Ireland was treated by the British as a foreign colony. What exactly do you find questionable about this statement?

you werent completly clear and wasnt it the Dutch who helped out the N. Irish,at the battle of the boyne then they won once their leader got killed

Asian and a little european?

There middle Eastern.
Although it should be noted that they held themselves to be the heirs to both Mesopotamian and Mediterranean (particularly Greek/Byzantine) civlisation. That was mostly just publicity . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ., of course, but it does show that the Ottoman Empire did not consider itself a purely Middle Eastern culture.

Although it should be noted that they held themselves to be the heirs to both Mesopotamian and Mediterranean (particularly Greek/Byzantine) civlisation. That was mostly just publicity . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ., of course, but it does show that the Ottoman Empire did not consider itself a purely Middle Eastern culture.

Ottomans are originally from a turkish tribe "kayı". Their national culture is asian. Turkish asian culture is like mongolian culture. Turkish tribes were nomadic and pagan until they met with islamic arabs. After they convert to islam they look for a new home to establish their country and leave nomadic life. ( middle asia isn't a good place to start a civilisation ). Seljuks began to concure Anatolia for this aim. After the concure of constantinapole (istanbul) this islamic-turkish civilisation adopted the roman culture to develop their civilisation. They were culturally sentesis of east and west.

Turkish people are orriginally asian : they look like japanese or chinese people
Today very few of the turkish people in istanbul looks like an asian. Some people say that turkish people look like italians which were romans. Some of them are blonde and has colored eyes. Turkish people not only culturally but also genetically a sentesis of old world. :p

Hi, all...
May I suggest one new (mostly unknown to science) civilisation, for discussion ?
(regardless their technique, which is fantastic, and their relationship to Earth, which is fantastic as well).
I believe: fictionary, or not, it will look good ingame, to give a bit change:
Teutonics. Living into the inner earth - having all magnificent technique, derived from knowledges of the natural laws, and building everything with the nature - machines, buildings (not against it, as we do, at the moment).
their members (civ's and soldiers) will be kinda Goliat size (yes, that guy from Bible), and technique will have all devices/weapons supported on anti-gravity, and include Saucers, as the flying battle machines. Some transport animals will be of course: dynosaurs, and pre-historic other animals will be used as well, in the army... From the weapons: they will have laser supported weaponry, and Phasor-cannons (based on sub-atomic weapons). Ray guns, anti-mass field shields, sonic shields, etc... It could be fun ?
Let me know what you guys think...
(I still don't have Civilisation 4, but dream to have it some day). don't we all ?
Will this idea also be good for Civilisation 5, maybe ?

You lost me when they had anti grav laser weapons, and flying battle machines.........:mischief:

I lost you not - I meant if we can have more features:
We have turn-based play at the moment, with this game,
but I thought if it could be more RTS (real time strategy) functionality
inbuilt with the version 5 of this game. And turn-based playing turned
into realtime strategy, when you can select units by drag and drop box
(ismillar as in Warcraft).
Than - we can maybe have a civilisation like that.
Waiting for "turns" to be done, and pressing "enter" each time, gives me
a cancer, with this game, at the moment...
So: exploring stage could be also RTS, will be more fun...:
lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom