1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Expansion Sugestions

Discussion in 'Other Sid Meier Games' started by simdude, Dec 31, 2006.

1. simdude

simdude Chieftain

Hi! :D

I can't wait for an expansion for "Railroads!" because I was quite dissapointed with the lack of locos from the 70's 80's and 90's (electric and diesel) in the game. :(

I would like to see locomotives from these decades and a new style of cars (third one) from 1985 or 2000 onwards, I think that would be cool.

What would you guys like to see in an eventual expansion of "Railroads!" ?

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Add in the American Electrics:

The GG1
    The Milwaukee Road class EP-2 (Bi-polar)
    The GE E60
    The AEM7
    The HHP
    And finaly, the Amtrak Acela

3. CeeBee

CeeBee Chieftain

At least another time as many engines, and steamers with tenders without using a mod.
    A random map generator
    more industries
    ability to buy resources( at least ones you are servicing)
    new maps and scenerios... preferably maps that make you feel like your cities are miles apart.... not feet

4. Reignking

Reignking Prince

This game doesn't deserve an expansion.

5. simdude

simdude Chieftain

Oh boy, a railroad tycoon fan disappointed by "Railroads!". This is not good.

I think the game has potential though. There might not be an expansion with all the negative reviews and all the bugs but at least a patch or an update-patch with some more locos and scenarios would be nice.

6. simdude

simdude Chieftain

I see nobody cares about this thread, how can I delete it?

7. moshelinho

moshelinho Chieftain

the main expansion it needs is more scenarios..............they shud take out one whole expansion pack with just scenarios in it.......especially...different places in the world...like south america, italy, russia, middle east, indian subcontinent, china, australia...............etc......

i wud surely like a map with the whole of USA....i remember there was one in RRT series..............and i loved it.......it was huge and had so much potential....

8. troyDoogle7

troyDoogle7 Warlord

I think going more into the future would be cool! bullet trains... chunnel trains....

More scenarios deff!

I was not a fan of the originals, but I really love sids new version. All his games have the fun and addictiveness. I hope spore has the same great playability.

9. CivMonger

CivMonger Ruler of Insignificants

I think an expansion could do this game some good as long as the xpac was cheap, fixed the majority of problems, and added a lot of content to the game. Then again, after the first Civ 3 expansion, my puddle of faith has dried up.

10. Krupo

Krupo Old-time newsgrouper

11. e350tb

e350tb Stupendously Illogical Englishman

I'd like to see an expansion that focuses on the British stuff, adds tenders, maybe an Australia scenario.

12. Modeltrainman

Modeltrainman Warlord

Steam locomotive tenders sans mod and Vista support.

13. Smitty258

Smitty258 Chieftain

I'd be happy if they just released a patch for it to work in Vista!

I've tried EVERY Vista fix I've read about on the various Railroads forums and NONE have worked for me. I can't play a game for more than 5-10 minutes without it crashing to desktop. This pisses me off cause I really want to play this game!

Other than that, support for bigger (huge) maps would be awesome. A "entire US" map would be great. I miss the whole challenge of building a transcontinental line from the first railroad tycoon games.