Experience points from Barracks

Some guy

Warlord
After reading some random article, it sounds like if you build them in cities and have a unit guard/sleep there, they will accumulate the Barracks xp bonus? I originally thought that just by simply constructing one, all of your military units get XP regardless after reading CivAnalyst's description of Barracks. So does this mean each Barracks in each different city provides additional XP if you have a military unit guard/sleep their for a turn or so or is it only one-time? Or maybe I'm completely wrong and just simply building Barracks DOES increase the XP of military units regardless of where they're at?

Could you provide your sources? I have an impression what Barracks provide bonus to newly built units only.

That's my understanding as well - same with stables. Both provide 15xp as far as I remember reading.

I believe you are competley wrong on both counts some guy.

A barracks gives 15 xp to unis built in that city. That is a one off bonus when the unit is constructed its not a turnly donation of xp or anything like that.

I'm starting to sense a pattern with "Some Guy" - I recall at least one other post where had some wildly inaccurate information he had "read somewhere" so maybe you should do some source checking before you come back for more...?

Yup, your completely wrong, barracks simply provides +15 Xp to units when built in that city.

Ive been known to have the cases of "I remember somewhere's", but I never start a new thread based on what I recall. Maybe you should try to be less "Thread Happy", Some Guy. Its good to be active, but not if your claims are way off base, and misleading.

Top Bottom