1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Expert advice only: I need a win!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by moevilla, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Lynxx

Lynxx Chieftain

My intention was that the advice to be interpreted exactly as you did it ;)

I concur

2. Agramon

Agramon Warlord

I don't think the concept is so much out of the world. You just build cooperatively, conquer some AI build some wonders. And when you get bored (no AI, no wonders...) you just get to the battlefield. That is why I placed AP in first place, you can possibly skip the battlefield, if there are enough votes out of the players hand at the point. ;-)

3 pls is a bit odd setup though for a final battle ;-)

3. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Maybe Catherine? Imp/Cre to get some good land-grab, and a UU that will probably come in to play once you start killing each other?

Other good choices:
    Charlemagne, for some good early land-grab and good UB (although at Noble Rathaus isn't as strong as upper levels).
    Either Roman leader, since just because you won't be killing the other humans early, conquering the AIs to set you up with a lot of land early could be useful. HC/Inca would also be a good choice here. As with Darius or Cyrus.
    If you're not attacking until really late a German leader would be good, since humans will tend to go tank-heavy.
    Isabella would also be a strong leader, since if you do decide to attack mid-game, citadel cannons and Conquistadors is a very strong military combo.

4. Honkoid

Honkoid Honk of the hill

For a Terra map Joao with his Carracks might be interesting. Rex hard and fast and get to the new world before anyone else.

5. Continental Op

Continental Op Warlord

Well I'm by far no expert, but my advice is - go with Hannibal. I find his traits good in any kinds of situations. But bear in mind that I'm more of the cottager type.

6. naterator

naterator Bravely running away

Also not an expert, but since you're playing at noble, i guess i can speak (oops -- even though the game must be over by now).
    I find that although Joao gets first crack at the new world, Willem can take those cities with ease. East indiaman are basically "buy 3 get one free" galleons, due to the extra cargo spot plus they are 50% stronger than galleons. Even if Joao ends up in the game, since he'll be AI, the extra units you can send per stack, and the number of units that don't end up on the sea floor due to the strong ships should overrun his colony no problem.

The carrack is sweet, it's the best features of a galley and caravel combined, but the east indiaman is a galleon with the capacity of a transport, the caravels ability to poke around rival turf AND 2 extra strength. Plus if you survive until dikes, you'll get the production boost to outproduce the other humans.