1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Expert Silver Miners

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by derflensburger, Oct 3, 2008.

1. derflensburger

derflensburger Chieftain

Hi Folks,
    I noticed, that Expert Silver Miners don't seem to have any "Expert"-Effect. On tiles with silver (hills or not doesn't matter) an Expert Ore Miner digs out a lot more "Ore" (!) than an Expert Silver Miner.

This can mean:

a) the game doesn't treat silver properly as not being iron ore

or

b) the game doesn't treat the difference between Expert Ore Miner and Expert Silver Miner correctly.

Anyone else experience this?

2. ikki

ikki Chieftain

Silverminers mine silver from mountains
    Oreminers mine ore from hills

To state that oreminers get more ore from hills than silverminers can get ore.. well, duh.. you could put in a lumberjack or elder statesman mining ore and it would be no more or less than the silverminer can mine ore. Duh.

3. Dale

Dale Deity

No it's right.

Free colonist makes 1 silver (2 on mine).
    Convert makes 2 silver (3 on mine).
    Expert silver miner makes 3 silver (4 on mine).

If you're wondering why an ore miner makes 8 ore in a hill mine, they made silver half the amount that ore is on each plot.

4. derflensburger

derflensburger Chieftain

I just noticed that it may occur because I changed the map a lot to make it look more realistic. I fool put silver on a hills tile. That doesn't work at all. Now I have a silver load in a mountain next to a new city and voila: it works. So silver only works on mountain tiles?

5. Dale

Dale Deity

Yep .