Explain the Deer Resource

cammcken

Prince
Can somebody help me with this?

What I currently understand is this: the deer provides bonus food to the tile. However, this bonus doesn't show up on the map when yields are displayed or when you mouse-over the tile. Neither does it register when mousing over pioneer (worker) actions.

When a farmer is assigned to the tile, the food bonus suddenly appears. An expert farmer best utilizes the deer (although I don't see what farming has to do with hunting).

Chopping forests will ... affect this bonus in some way (???). At least, chopping the forest does NOT grant you the +1 food it indicates in the tool-tip.

So what is the actual mechanic for the deer resource in Colonization?

:confused:

Deer is a bonus resource that gives +2 food. This is shown both on the mouse-over and on the yield screen. I'm not sure why you are not seeing this.

To give an example, a light forest tile on tundra provides 1 food. If there is a deer on that tile it will provide 3 food. So if you set a colonist to work that tile he will generate 3 food (an expert farmer will provide more). If you chop the light forest the deer remains and the food increases to 4.

No the game does not include hunters, but deer can in fact be farmed.

What confuses me is that, when mousing-over the "Chop Forest" order, it describes the -2 wood and -2 furs but does not show the +1 food.

And, question, do the same rules apply to Bananas? Because I am sure that, when mousing over, the tool-tip describes negative food from chopping.

In my game the 'chop down forest' action for a deer tile correctly states +1 food, -2 lumber, -2 fur. I am playing the patched version of the game.

For bananas yes you do lose food if you chop down the forest, presumably because that also removes the banana palms.

Top Bottom