1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

explications in French...

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by Elsaak, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Elsaak

Elsaak European und Réunionnais

Hello !
    Is there anybody speaking French who could exlpain me the rules of the Civ2 Game of Démocracy ?

I'll send U my courriél and we'll look it out of here....

Elsaak :love:

2. GaryNemo

GaryNemo Settler from None

Not me, and my daughters are all out of town. You sound like you understand English well. Our Rules are simple, really. You may download the game, but noone may make any moves, no end of turn, no exploring the black, no cheating of any kind. Then post your ideas, vote as you wish, ask questions to discover our public opinion, and have fun thinking.

Our President, Queen Jayne this month, makes all the moves.

There is a thread "Game Information" with our Rules and other information. We are discussing at the moment in quite a few threads, and your comments are welcome. It is not necessary to post in old threads, 13 October is the current discussion. This is an exciting time, 525BC, as we face the unpleasant news that the Vikings AI have landed on what we view as our own continent, the Land of NUF.

You may Register in our national registry. But, it is your viewpoint that we really would like to read. Welcome!

3. GaryNemo

"Chat with General Mordhiem" and "Next Turn 525BC - Vikings" are good places to start reading. And "Game Information"

4. duke o' york

duke o' york It don't mean a thing....

Bienvenu au jeu de démocratie Elsaak! :D

Si j'explique la forme du jeu et les règles, j'espère que vous allez décider à nous joindre et nous aider dans notre quête à mêner la civilisation de NUF (New United Fanatica) à la gloire éternelle! :goodjob:
    Essentiellement, il est un jeu de Civ 2 normal, mais nous jouons ensemble, pleutot que tout seul comme à la maison. Il y a un président (courrament la reine Jayne), qui est responsable pour jouer les parties et pour nous donner les reports, qui sont mis ici à CFC. Vous pouvez lire les parties récentes au dessus de la page principale du Demo Game . En plus, notre gouvernement est responsable pour tous les autres aspects du jeu: il y a un Ministre de l'Interieur qui est responsable pour toutes les villes du pays et pour les sondages qui les concernent, un Ministre de l'Etranger qui se concerne avec les affairs diplomatiques etc, un Ministre pour le science et pour nos armées. Chaque ministre doit poster les sondages qui concernent leurs ministères ici et ceux qui veulent vôter peuvent.
    Le fichier du jeu est mis sur le système ici par le président après chaque partie mais, comme Gary a déjà dit, il est absolumment interdit à jouer encore de parties, à tricher n'importe comment, à indiquer la carte du monde, etc. Vous pouvez regarder le jeu en progrés quand vous voulez, mais il est interdit à changer des chose ou à continuer à jouer.
    Les règles ne sont pas difficiles et le jeu procède bien, avec les parties deux fois par semaine - samedi et mardi soirs comme d'hab. Bienvenu au jeu, vous preséntez au registre national et jouez! :D:goodjob:

5. Elsaak

Thank U so much. I'm really intrested in joining U.

Just one more thing :
    Which Province would I belong to ?
    Should I ask permission for joining someone in particular ?
    I'll become a citizen of the whole nation or am I in the Province/City I ask for ?

Hummmm, how can I present me ?
    I'm not a "warrior/killer", but maybe more a "builder/expentionnist".

Who's interested in me ??? :crazyeye:

Elsaak

6. GaryNemo

Why duke, you are sooo talented! I think it's a good idea in this situation for the most important ideas to be exchanged in one's native tongue, and I'm sure even tho Elsaak is writing back in English, he appreciates your French. ... I think I read in there "like Gary said..." ???

Elsaak, we are all a part of the entire nation of NUF. The National Registry is fun fluff, not consequential. To test yourself on builder/warrior, consider this:

We have a Viking threat. There are several units in Elysium. One idea it to send the weak Warrior as a happiness guard to Gabba Gabba, where it can help GG to build a Caravan. Another idea is to keep the Legion in Elysium, to guard against another potential AI invasion. A third idea is to send the Legion North to hunt and destroy the Vikings that we know have landed on our continent. This would be in addition to the the Legion being discussed, presently in Dellham.

I am asking not just you, Elsaak, but everyone. I view this as a crucial question that has not been adressed by anyone.

7. Elsaak

I will try the "mr_b525.sav" file only tonight. So I cannot answer easyly by now....

But as I told U, my first idea would be of helping building a Caravan in Gabba².

duke o' york, Ur French is pretty good : it gave me interest in the game ! :goodjob:

8. heliogabalus

heliogabalus Warlord

Let's play every 13th turn in French now, and when we get bored with that, we'll try the other 8 of the ten major languages.

I want a challenge! ;)

9. heliogabalus

heliogabalus Warlord

Btw: Right now I am using the Gaelic version of Opera 6.01, available at opera.com for free.

It's a really good browser, but the Gaelic is just for kicks. Next time I'll be in this public computer pool, the hard drive will have been wiped, and I'll have to install anew. What should I try then, Afrikaans?

10. MonkE

MonkE Primate Philosopher

The name Gabba Gabba makes more sense to me now .... ;)

11. heliogabalus

heliogabalus Warlord

Of course I don't understand my browser's utterings now, but they're fun - and educational. I have learned that "Uinneag aiseig" stands for "Downloaded Programmes" or sth. similar.

12. Elsaak

Is there anybody who could explain me (in French ?) what is : IPRB

Thankx a lot

13. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Le traducteur royal (duc 'o York) n'est pas autour d'aujourd'hui ainsi de moi aura un essai sur 'le traducteur de Google '! 'IPRB 'est acheter partiel par accroissement de précipitations. C'est une méthode pour dépenser un peu d'argent de temps en temps pour réduire la durée nécessaire d'établir un article. Par exemple, un colon coûte 40 boucliers à la construction. Quand vous avez 8 boucliers, la production d'échange à un guerrier (qui coûte 10 boucliers) précipitent alors l'achat il pour $2. Permutez la production de nouveau au colon et cela prend maintenant à un tour moins. Espérez que le ce se comprend!

14. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Duke o' York! :confused:

But I like the opportunity to embarras myself with my school-boy french.

Elsaak,

C'est une methode pour economiser beaucoup d'argent quand vous faites une unite.

Vous acheter les unites qui ne sont pas cher comme celui que vous voulez. Et puis, vous changer a la unite qui vous voudrais, et vous attendez jusque à la unite sont complet par la ville.

J'espere qui vous comprends. Mais attendez pour Monsieur Duke o' York :)

15. Elsaak

Thank you everybady !!
    Dear Queen,
    I really prefer reading your English, instead of this amazing translation via Google !!!

ainwood,
    Your rests of French weren't so bad at all !!

My main problem in this Demo Forum, is that I'm not good enough to write everything I fell....

But when U can communicate with commun words, it's good enough to understand 95 %

OK for this IPRB, that I was using without knowing the accronym

16. GaryNemo

Elsaak, don't worry about it. Just use lots of words.

I thought Jayne's translation was quite clear to me, given my pathetic understanding of French. Indeed, I am now going to correct its math:
    Quand vous avez 8 boucliers, la production d'échange à un guerrier (qui coûte 10 boucliers) précipitent alors l'achat il pour $4. (10-8)*2 = 4
    To build a Caravan, we can Incremental Partial Rush Buy at 10, 20, 30, and 40, thus saving several turns.

17. Rout

Rout ZZzzzzzz

,,Pour allez a gare, s'il vous plait?" .... thats all I can remember. Im impressed by you lot though!:goodjob:

18. Elsaak

I'm impressed too :
    oversea, English-speaking people don't have the reputation of learning foreign languages....

You all are the proof that it is : FALSE !!!

Y ahora, porque no ir para communicar en espanol ?
    O em português ?
    Deutsch ?
    Italiano ?

London English !! Otherall, even if I love my French, I recognize that it's better using only one universal language....

19. GaryNemo

Ich spreche nur krank Deutsch! Have you heard about the two Englishmen standing on the streetcorner in Geneva? It's a truly tasteless joke about the English language, English 'superior' viewpoint... I'm kind of afraid to post it.

20. Rout

Rout ZZzzzzzz

Go on, you know you want to!!!;)