Exploit: Reveal All Heroes in One Turn

Minou

King
Not sure if this is already known, but I have not seen it mentioned before so I thought I would post it. I have been messing around with Heroes and Legends mode and I just figured out that you can use Amani to reveal all the Heroes as early as T5. When she establishes you get a chance to discover a Hero due to the 10% chance for sending an envoy to a City State. I am not sure if you actually get two 10% chances or just one. Regardless, if you move Amani to another CS and then right back, the game apparently gives you another chance at a Hero. Do this a couple dozen times, and they are all revealed!

I would personally consider this an exploit (kind of like the old Nalanda bug), what do you all think?

This kinda depends on that there are City-States near you, so in my opinion, this is as, if not more, RNG-reliant than the Nalanda bug.

Last edited:
It's definitely an exploit for me and personally I don't use it. Heroes are already strong enough so I feel like waiting for the one you want for your strategy is just right.
Edit: This also makes heroic tales completey useless so I guess it is not intended.

This kinda depends on you getting Anansi as your first or second Hero, that other Civs haven't recruited Anansi before you did

I can get the point of having a CS near you for this to work super early but what does Anansi have to do with it? Unless you play Terra or maybe Archipelago everyone should be able to pull this off quite consitently in the late earlygame/early midgame.

I can get the point of having a CS near you for this to work super early but what does Anansi have to do with it? Unless you play Terra or maybe Archipelago everyone should be able to pull this off quite consitently in the late earlygame/early midgame.
Yeah, I got tunnel-vision. :p So focused on the Anansi part, forgot you could do this with ALL Heroes. Will edit to correct my other post.

I don't think there is too much RNG to it, you basically need a Governor Title and a CS. Finding a CS in the first 15 turns or so is not too hard on most maps. Getting a Governor Title usually takes longer, but if you are playing Secret Societies too you can get one from a Natural Wonder, hut, or getting a free "first contact" envoy to a city state.

The real exploit is playing with any of the horribly unbalanced game modes on in the first place, the AI can't play the game or understand any of the mechanics, a deity game turns into a Prince difficulty game.

Well, I have completely given up on the single player game ever being challenging. I would argue the AI can never beat an experienced human player with the exception of rushing 4 Warriors in the first 25 turns or so. If you are alive on T50, the game might as well be over because the AI makes no real effort to win (or stop you from winning). So, I just go for the fastest time as a race against myself. Hopefully one day we will get a community patch that makes the AI semi-competent.

Civ has always had bad AI, but this time it's really the worst ever, I really can't forgive that somehow Civ 5 which was the first 1 Unit per tile title actually has better AI than this one, like civ 5 was really bad AI but civ 6 AI can't even play the game, it's pathetic.

Civ has always had bad AI, but this time it's really the worst ever, I really can't forgive that somehow Civ 5 which was the first 1 Unit per tile title actually has better AI than this one, like civ 5 was really bad AI but civ 6 AI can't even play the game, it's pathetic.
The combat AI is about the same, Vs was just better at producing units and had less restrictive movement. That allowed it to swarm in ways VI AI can't. Sometimes I think a mod that reduces AI unit production costs and unit maintenance while giving all units 1 more movement point would make VI's at least more comparable to Vs.

I kinda disagree.
Civ 5 AI didn't understand the game. One worker blocked their whole army. They moved their troops to water to get them killed by navy units.
Civ 6 AI is much more intricate and clever, I have never witnessed such dumb decisions in civ 6.

*sigh*

We have roughly 5 other threads circulating right now that are entirely devoted to/appropriate places to put complaints and arguments over Civ VI's AI. And yet, every time a new thread is made- without fail- it ends up turning into an AI discussion.

I won't say the complaints are unwarranted, but they can get a little repetitive when you see them in every... single... thread.

*sigh*

We have roughly 5 other threads circulating right now that are entirely devoted to/appropriate places to put complaints and arguments over Civ VI's AI. And yet, every time a new thread is made- without fail- it ends up turning into an AI discussion.

I won't say the complaints are unwarranted, but they can get a little repetitive when you see them in every... single... thread.
This has been mentioned. Someone looking into the game has even asked if the game was bad enough to warrant. When I explained to them that it wasn't just the game, apparently I was in the wrong. :dunno:

Let's turn it back to the topic. I feel that it is an exploit. It's not part of the intended use of the mechanics. I know there's a fine line distinguishing that from being novel and inventive, but this is on the "wrong" side of it. I say "wrong", if you want to use it (unless in multiplayer where it hasn't been agreed to), then there's nothing actually wrong about it, but it's on the exploit rather than useful tool side of things.

That doesn't really sound like an exploit. The governor takes time to establish, and you have to unlock a governor title in the first place and use it on Amani, instead of, say, Magnus or a Secret Society, which are more valuable in the very early game.

That doesn't really sound like an exploit. The governor takes time to establish, and you have to unlock a governor title in the first place and use it on Amani, instead of, say, Magnus or a Secret Society, which are more valuable in the very early game.
Reading the title "in 1 turn", I guess the time to establish is not necessary, which would create the exploit. Otherwise I'd agree with you.

If you send an established Amani to another city and resend her to the city state she was established before in the exact same turn she is reestablished again immediately.
Apart from an early Amani being more useful than Magnus (who relies on you to have the techs and resources/features to chop, if you want to spam settlers you usually want to wait for gov plaza + ancestral hall which alone give you another 2 gov titels) or a SS (if you even play SS mode, also Voidsingers and Alchemical Society dont do that much early on that you need to rush them) in some cases (Era score for a GA or suzerainty in an important CS) you can still pull this off a little later into the game with your second or third gov titel.

Top Bottom