Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estebanium

Estebanium Prince

Hey JFD,

I noticed some entries in the Localization.log that need your attention:
    Spoiler :

[243668.203] ERR: Missing argument 1. ({1_Help}[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]A [ICON_JFD_TRIBE] Tribe is a community of people who live outside of independent statehood, which may exist within another Civilization.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]You may not improve the tiles within a Tribe's Borders, however, if they fall within your Civilization, you may construct a Consulate to gain access to unique benefits.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]You may send a Great Recon Unit to a Tribe's borders in order to Annex them.)

[243668.203] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. {1_Help}[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]A [ICON_JFD_TRIBE] Tribe is a community of people who live outside of independent statehood, which may exist within another Civilization.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]You may not improve the tiles within a Tribe's Borders, however, if they fall within your Civilization, you may construct a Consulate to gain access to unique benefits.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]You may send a Great Recon Unit to a Tribe's borders in order to Annex them.

EDIT: Do I have to change something if I want to play with CBO? Do I have to change something in the JFD_ExCE_UserSettings.sql? It isn't clear to me..

2. Bezhukov

Bezhukov Deity

Also having this problem, only running ExCP with CBO.

3. Estebanium

Estebanium Prince

I read somewhere that Quiet Diplomacy Mod was the problem, regarding Vox Populi.

4. Estebanium

Estebanium Prince

Hey there,

I found out an incompatibility with using Vox Populi, YnAEMP and ExCE.

This was my setup:
    • Full VP (CP, CBO, CSD, CIVD, ML, EUI Comp.)
    • YnAEMP v24 with the fix of Zares
    • ExCE v18
    Resulting in a messed up setup screen:

Logs: View attachment Logs.7z

Now trying with a different setup:
    • Full VP (CP, CBO, CSD, CIVD, without ML, EUI Comp.)
    • ExCE v18
    Is working correctly.

And to double check, a different setup:
    • Full VP (CP, CBO, CSD, CIVD, with ML, EUI Comp.)
    Is working correctly.

When the setup is messed up, I saw a lot of issues in the database.log.

5. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Chieftain

Quick question: What does the writeup mean for Great Expeditioner when it says they can settle cities 'abroad'? It does show up sometimes, but it does seem to be at very inconsistent locations, always on the edge of the ocean. As someone (this time) with a mostly landlocked civ, this seems to be rather limiting criterion unless I want to go way beyond the boundaries of my civ?

Could I get a more detailed answer as to what is 'abroad'?

(Yes, I like to play on Large or Huge maps. It gives me more of a feel like I am playing on a 'world' rather than somewhere where each city is basically the size of a medium-sized state in America. Have you ever noticed that on a standard sized 'Earth', the UK -barely- fits one city, as do most countries?) I won't use my own country as an example, because Canada is the second-largest country in the world, and also one of the fewest-populated. I'm not saying it's good or bad, it just is.

6. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

It's whatever the Conquistador defines 'abroad' as - so it should mean on a different continent, but you'd need to ask a DLL Nerd Guy for details.

7. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

Abroad in this term does mean that you can settle a new city AS long as it is on another land mass.

8. SLGray

SLGray King

If you are using the new Community Patch (8/2), you will notice that feathers do not appear in the game.

9. hokath

hokath King

That's correct. Apparently the graphic needs the improvement to be a trading post, so it can't be replaced by the camp improvement. Which is super sad because the feather art is amaze-balls

10. SLGray

SLGray King

It is funny because before Vox Populi 8/2 I was able to create trading posts, but people are saying that they were renamed a long time ago.

11. BruceHuskyDamon

BruceHuskyDamon Chieftain

Every time I open the game with my mods enabled this happens as I have reported a few times already in the JFD mod threads.

I will post the Lua + Database files in here as well. I can provide a screenshot of how it looks but from what I know its an old bug.

I am using Rise To Power, Cities in Dev, ExCE, The Enlightenment Era, Ethnic Units, Extra Victory Conditions (Religious and Economic), also a bunch of JFD's Civs and the ofcs the community patch files and EUI and the JFD mod comp files for EUI.

Please help me :( I can't play for so long, really wanna get back into Civ with my mods :(

Attached Files:

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

13. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Is that a new version?

(Change log please?)

14. BruceHuskyDamon

Had hopes, didn't work, posting new Lua, XML and Database.. Should the Ethnic units / Extra Victory Conditions / EUI Comp files V24 for RiseTP V25 do something like this? Or Complete Historical Religions pack V45?

Attached Files:

15. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

inb4 you make another update... I'm having some trouble with the mod:

1. Units continue to take damage from jungle tiles and from ocean despite having immunity.
    2. Barbs seem to get attrition damage despite being immune...
    3. Sometimes, tribes spawn but without borders (or is it related to RTP? this did not happen before I enable it)

16. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I am also having problems where despite having desert/jungle immunity, my units take damage. I haven't gotten to ships yet so I don't know if that is bugged too.

17. BruceHuskyDamon

18. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

I recently started playing with ExCE and I think it is great so far. I use it alongside VP. On my third game, I randomed Venice and started off well.
    However, by mid Mediaeval era, I noticed I couldn't embark any of my units onto the ocean. I carried on until I got Harbour tech thinking that might do something. But no.

Anyway, I have deleted the game and unsubbed from all my mods and am currently downloading the game again and am going to try again. However, after I deleted 95% of everything I remembered that Venice began with Fishing tech which gives Embarkation. So considered it might have something to do with ExCE. Does anyone have any ideas, or experienced anything like this before? And if so, how was it fixed?

19. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

The whole Fishing fiasco is to do with CulDiv's starting bonuses iirc. Disable those.

20. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

Thanks, do you know how I do that, and is it save game compatible?

Just reinstalled everything and same problem, so glad that there is a solution.

TIA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.