Explorers and Ruins - A look a mid game exploration

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
I've been playing some Terra starts recently. I love the "New World" phase of the game in general, but I think there are few things that are lacking that might "simple fixes".

Ruins - Is there any way for ruins to scale more with era? The problem is you start exploring (using those explorers to get the best value)...but the value is just not that great. 36 culture was once a king's ransom....now I don't even register it.

Explorers - Perhaps a better option for scaling the ruins is....can the treasure hunter ability of the explorer be made even stronger? Maybe even give it to them twice or something. This would give both the ruins more oomph later in the game, and maintain a niche for explorers. Yes knights are faster and can handle barbs, but an explorer on a ruin gives some sweet sweet returns kind of thing.

Another option is to give explorers a stronger bonus vs barbs. The thing is explorers tend to be solitary units, and when even the lowly barbarian pikemen stops them in their tracks it really calls into question their use vs a knight.

Agreed. The only worth-it ruin I remember is the great prophet one, and even that obsoletes by medieval.

the great prophet one is incredibly overpowered. 260 faith on standard vs 18 culture (which is already a good outcome) is ridiculous. but thats another topic. maybe it would be possible to add new outcomes fron ruins in the later game, like faith only appears starting turn 20? a great work maybe? the new jackpot of ruins?

Top Bottom