1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Exploring other Civs territory is still weird

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by GodDamnItAlexander, May 22, 2017.

1. GodDamnItAlexander

GodDamnItAlexander Warlord

Regarding the recent thread about scouts:
    We have a bunch of ways to reveal fog in other Civs borders without getting open borders, but none of them include using our exploration units, which is something I find quite awkward. Am I alone on this?

2. Funak

Funak Deity

I really don't think you should be randomly able to walk around in another civs territory before an open border agreement is signed, but there should be ways to find some things out.

For example, and I've brought this up before, I think caravans and cargoships sent to a city a civ control should have a chance of discovering other cities that civ controls. Makes sense that traders talk to other traders and learn about other trade-opportunities.
    A civ should also definitely discover the location of any city that sends a trade-route to them, right away. I mean feels like a 'where are you from and where is it located' would be the first thing you ask foreign traders arriving in your city.

3. GodDamnItAlexander

GodDamnItAlexander Warlord

But you can do just that with great people for example.

4. Acepox

Acepox Chieftain

Maybe all civilian units should be able to cross borders, but not identify military units as they do not have the technical knowledge to do so? That'd probably be hard or weird (through promotions) to code, though. (reveal terrain but hide surrounding rival military units)