1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

extend QIN Chinese builders ability to build wonders to ALL wonders

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by hdd, Dec 23, 2016.

1. hdd

hdd Chieftain

hello there,

the Chinese leader, Qin,
    has an unique ability - FIRST_EMPEROR_TRAIT
    which makes builders being able to build a certain percent of Ancient and Classical wonders .

"Leaders.XML"
    [...]
    <Row LeaderType="LEADER_QIN" TraitType="FIRST_EMPEROR_TRAIT"/>
    [...]
    <Row TraitType="FIRST_EMPEROR_TRAIT" ModifierId="TRAIT_BUILDER_WONDER_PERCENT"/>
    [...]
    <Row>
    <ModifierId>TRAIT_BUILDER_WONDER_PERCENT</ModifierId>
    <ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_UNIT_WONDER_PERCENT</ModifierType>
    </Row>
    [...]
    <Row>
    <ModifierId>TRAIT_BUILDER_WONDER_PERCENT</ModifierId>
    <Name>Amount</Name>
    <Value>15</Value>
    </Row>
    [...]

However, I was unable to explain / modify why only Ancient and Classical wonders are subject to this.
    I looked into Modifiers.XML, GameEffects.XML and found a hardcoded reffernce into GameCore_Base_FinalRelease.dll. Also looked into all .lua files, with no apparent success.

Question: how do you expand this ability to ALL wonders, including post-Classical Eras (Renaissance, Modern, Atomic etc.)

Thanks,
    hdd

2. jakob51

jakob51 Chieftain

Hey, there's a mod done by Gelodgreat in the Mod Components part of the Civfanatics Civilisation VI downloads forum that has done this and made it possible to give the trait to any named major civilisation in the game, and also to increase the wonder production percentage to something more than the default 15% in ALL ERAS. It's called GDG's Builder Can Boosts All Wonders In Every Era.

3. hdd

hdd Chieftain

jakob51, thanks for taking your time to read and noticing this!

I need to start a new game for it.
    I will look into it

thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  4. jakob51

jakob51 Chieftain

Your welcome hdd, and yeah, unfortunately it isn't save game compatible forcing you to start a new game to have it work, but the positive is that you can give the effect to whichever civ you are playing as (before starting the new game naturally), it works for wonders in every era not just the ancient/classical eras and you can increase or decrease the amount by simply editing the figure (I went with 25% which I felt wasn't too over the top). To make any changes to the civ that you want to give the trait to, or to adjust the percentage of the boast you can use any text editor like notepad or wordpad, but I've found that notepad++ is even better and you can easily download it for free from the net so I'd recommend using it to make any adjustments that you want/need.

5. Miyoshi618

Miyoshi618 Chieftain

If you wanna know the modder did it. It is actually through the "UnitCommands.xml"

Specifically this line:
    Code:
    <Row CommandType="UNITCOMMAND_WONDER_PRODUCTION" VisibleInUI="true" HoldCycling="true" CategoryInUI="SPECIFIC" Icon="ICON_UNITCOMMAND_WONDER_PRODUCTION" Description="LOC_UNITCOMMAND_WONDER_PRODUCTION_DESCRIPTION" MaxEra="2"/>
    Default Max Era is set to "2", it was just changed to "8".

6. iieeann

iieeann Chieftain

Many thanks for this, earlier I tried to search in every xml file but missed it.