Extended Diplomacy Ribbon

Extended Diplomacy Ribbon Discontinued

Aristos

Lightseeker
Do you want to up your Diplomatic Game to the next level without getting an Accountant degree? Would you like to see all relevant political information in one place for quick, optimal decisions, without diving into countless, different windows and subwindows? If you answered yes, then EDR is for you.

This mod extends the Diplomacy Ribbon to display all the relevant diplomatic information in one place. All the information displayed is available in-game in vanilla Civ6, but in different places of the UI and not readily at hand. EDR combines all that information into a simple, readable and always present combination of tooltips, mouse overs and clicks. It is an essential mod for the serious diplomat.

Main features:
+ Compatible with vanilla civ 6 and the Expansion Rise and Fall
+ Does not affect save games nor Achievements: plug in or out at any time!
+ Non-cheat Policy: all information in EDR is available in-game in Civ 6
+ EDR uses Civ 6 extensibility feature, so that this mod does not touch any original game file, but extends the relevant one. By doing this, it should be resilient to patches (we will see soon enough)

Origins:
This mod is an enhancement of the original extensions I coded for CQUI. I do not like CQUI's banner hanging from the ribbon, so I decided to create a powerful, extensible and flexible tooltip instead. The Diplo Ribbon in this mod is considerably extended and better than the original I coded.

Extensions:
+ The Leader Icon tooltip displays the most relevant political, statistical and economical information for the corresponding civilization; the information is color coded, following the same color pallete as available in other parts of the UI.
+ The tooltip includes a summary of the tradable resources as shown inside the deal view for quick reference
+ The relationship icon shows the diplomatic modifiers, color coded, and the total value
+ With easy combinations of mouse and keys or button, the player can select any of the leaders and quickly see his/her relationship with other leaders
+ Right-click the leader icon to go straight to the deal view (or peace deal, if at war and the counter reached zero)

How to Use:
+ Mouse over any leader to display the extended tooltip at any time
+ Mouse over the relationship icon to see the diplomatic modifiers
+ Right-click a leader icon to go straight to the deal view window
+ If at war, and only after the peace counter expired, right-click the leader icon to go to the peace deal
+ Hold CTRL down and mouse over, or Middle Click, any leader icon to change relationship icons of the other leaders, to quickly see the relations of the selected leader; the golden circular indicator changes to the selected leader
+ If the selected leader has not met all civilizations yet, those unmet will display the default "unknown" icon and no relationship
+ To go back to the default display of the Diplo Ribbon (player leader selected), simply mouse over, middle click or right click on your leader's icon

I hope you enjoy this great diplomat's tool as much as I do!

If you have ideas on what else to include in the mod, write a comment, as long as it respects the Non-Cheat Policy.

Visit the Workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1360462633

EDR 1.jpg

EDR 2.jpg

EDR 3.jpg

EDR 5.jpg

Where exactly does the unmodded game provide information about yields from other civs? I mean, science per turn, culture per turn, etc.?

World rankings for all science, culture, faith.

Gold balance and GPT from the deal view (gold balance directly, GPT you can ask more and more until you reach their available gpt)

You could display total population also, below "Cities". In Deal window, when you hover over city, it shows its population.

I will collect all feedback, and then see what makes the most sense to add... in this example, any reason in particular why you would want to see total population?

(if I add it, I would probably add it besides number of cities, and only using the number and the pop icon)

Cities and pop are 2 metrics that actually tell the size of the civ.

Done, included.

well done Aristos :thumbsup:

My pleasure! (literally, I very much enjoy this little part of the game since whenever I started extending the DR for CQUI back in the days of Chao... from there to sharing was just a logical and easy step.

The funny thing is, that I started extending the diplo ribbon because I hate that hanging banner (CQUI) so much, and could not convince Chao to get rid of it... fast forward, we got this little nice tool.

Seems perfect! Can you add this mod on the Civfanatics download page too please? :thumbsup:
I second this. I absolutely despise using the Steam Workshop and would prefer downloading mods directly from Civfanatics if it's not too much trouble. That way, they'll actually have a logical name in my MODS folder, rather than a nonsensical string of numbers.

I second this. I absolutely despise using the Steam Workshop and would prefer downloading mods directly from Civfanatics if it's not too much trouble. That way, they'll actually have a logical name in my MODS folder, rather than a nonsensical string of numbers.

I join too, I would appreciate a direct Fanatics download very much as well.

Will post it here, I just wanted to see some numbers to have an idea of acceptance (or not), and only Steam has stats like that (unless things changed here and I am wrong...).

Will post it here, I just wanted to see some numbers to have an idea of acceptance (or not), and only Steam has stats like that (unless things changed here and I am wrong...).
CivFanatics shows number of downloads if you use the Resources section.

OK thanks mate. Any plans to release a CQUI friendly version or will it be added to CQUI??

I don't know, because this one was created with people that don't like CQUI in mind, and uses the extensibility property of the diplomacy ribbon file, while the one in CQUI (that I coded) heavily modifies that same file (and has to be maintained with every single patch). Plus, the others at CQUI refuse to let that horrible hanging banner go (which again, requires heavy modifications to the original game file instead of just extending it), so I don't know...

Top Bottom