Extorting our neighbors

blackheart

unenlightened
I've come to realize that we can extort our neighbors for some very lucrative deals.

Zululand (25g) and Babylon (25g) - we can get territory map, world map, and all of their gold

Rome (70g) and France (50g) - we can get a territory map and all of their gold, or a world map and territory map.

"Why should we do this" you might be asking yourself, well here's the answer. We can get 20 turns of GUARANTEED peace out of this, and/or we can this use as a prelude to war. Extorting our neighbors might have some negative diplomatic effects though (I'm not sure, maybe it's too negliable to notice).

blackheart said:
I've come to realize that we can extort our neighbors for some very lucrative deals.

Zululand (25g) and Babylon (25g) - we can get territory map, world map, and all of their gold

Rome (70g) and France (50g) - we can get a territory map and all of their gold, or a world map and territory map.

"Why should we do this" you might be asking yourself, well here's the answer. We can get 20 turns of GUARANTEED peace out of this, and/or we can this use as a prelude to war. Extorting our neighbors might have some negative diplomatic effects though (I'm not sure, maybe it's too negliable to notice).
well they will hate us for rest of the game... we will blow any possible alliances we will need in the future, i dont think i like it

Black_Hole said:
well they will hate us for rest of the game... we will blow any possible alliances we will need in the future, i dont think i like it

Actually not entirely true. I've played a game where extorting them actually raised diplomatic friendliness, AND I signed a ROP with them right after. Other nations also continued to trade with me and sign ROPs. So I think the diplomatic relations aren't affected that much.

We have actual trade deals with France and possibly even Rome under consideration.

We may be stronger than Zulu, but I don't want to bother with them just yet...

Babylon, though... When we want to get them into a war for conquering their lands, possibly... Until then, not just yet...

Go after Babylon and Rome. Relations with them won't be good for long. But leave the French and Zulu be.

yes extort extort extort, i do this in my games, actually one game as rome i extorted so much tha....... (trails off talking about my best games ever and how i won on the hardest untill they made a new difficulty stupid game people i hate them so much) ..... 5 dollars get out of here.

Top Bottom