Extra Large Maps = Sound issue

@bolesting@

Chieftain
Hi, can someone who play giant maps please confirm me does have sound issue (sound total disappear when map is full with cities), I try with 200x120 and 160x120. Issue start when map is full and going every 10-15 turns, need reload to get sound again. I try with 2K and send them my saves but they always tells me that my saves are ok. I dont use any mods.

I have r9 390 8GB, 16 GB ram and AMD FX-8320.

Thank you

I get this as well.
i7-6800k 64gb nv 1080

background sound is there (birds and such), but the rest is gone.
exit, reload, play, repeat.

I have experienced this as well as far as the music is concerned. All other actions sounds, backround noise and narrations remain, but the music may turn off for several turns, then return when some interaction with another civ occurs. I have only experienced this on Ludicrous size maps, which I know is a mod so I never commented.

Thank you for answers, I was thinking to change my configuration but now I know its global problem and I know that Firaxis will never fix it because they dont support larger maps. In civ 4 we had MAF and now we have this.

Me too. The map doesn't have to be "full with cities" for the sound to go...it seems to happen regardless.

I'm on a top end Alienware Alpha (r2) - Core i7 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 1.2 TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 960 4GB.

I get this issue and will create an external playlist of classics and have it run outside of game and Ill go in an turn off the music. This actually improves performance for some reason. ludicrous or giant here. Yanamp

Top Bottom