1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Extremely Irritating Bug: Workers deselected if you check the city screen

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by greggbert, Nov 4, 2010.

1. greggbert

greggbert Warlord

How to reproduce.

1) You are playing the game and you have several units and several workers.
    2) A worker needs orders and is selected. It is standing nearby to a city.
    You are wondering, hmm... which tiles in this nearby city are being worked that might need an improvement so you.....
    3) Without moving the worker, click a city once to check its details so you can see which tiles they are working. Ok, now you know where you should move your worker.
    4) Cose the city details
    5) WAIT! What happened to my worker? My worker unit is no longer active? Now I am focused on a battleship unit on the other side of the world! <BUG>
    6) Well, maybe if I just click "Previous Unit" that will work. NOPE! Previous unit takes you to a totally different unit. <BUG>

Result: If you want to give orders to your worker you need to either search the map and find it, or move ALL the other units until the worker becomes active again.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

2. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Agreed, this behavior is frustrating. When you leave the city screen, the focus should return to the same unit. Two possible workarounds:

(1) Press the "W" key multiple times until the focus returns to the desired unit. This causes the other units to Wait for orders. You will still have the chance to deal with them that same turn.

(2) Go to Menu --> Options --> Interface Options and deselect Auto Unit Cycle. When you exit the City screen, no unit will receive the focus and if your Worker is nearby, you should be able to click on him.

HTH

Petek

3. Azalnubizar

Azalnubizar Chieftain

it is true, that this isn't the most serious bug out there, but it shouldn't act that way and I find it irritating as well. There is no reason why the prg should react that way and this is a bug (IMO) they should fix...

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

OK, I'll add it to the Bug List. Just a friendly reminder: Whenever possible, you should post a save game that illustrates the bug.

See attached file Focus Error. Auto Unit Cycle is ON. When opening the game, a worker near Mari is selected. Open Mari's city screen and close it. The focus should remain on the Worker. Instead, it shifts to a Crossbowman near Babylon.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

Attached Files: