FëStNes:Age of Discovery

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Fëanor, Jun 29, 2005.

1. EnglishPunk

EnglishPunk Chieftain

1522 London

Sam Vimes was walking along the streets of the fair city (or so he thought) of London treading around the slop and offal of the workshops. ‘The King may have got the money side of this Kingdom sorted but did progress have to smell so bad?’ came the pondering of the worried looking man.

Sam Vimes though was not any ruffian from the street, oh no in fact he had recently left Oxford University and was now very skilled in the arts of Theology and Mathematics and would not have normally had anything to do with this area of London in normal arrangements let alone at this time of the night. No Sam was here for a special reason, Jacobus Faber had invited young Sam along to hear at a secret meeting of which the more villainess streets called for.

Faber had spoken to Sam at Oxford and after a brief discussion on Religion and Sam to come to a warehouse on this certain night and this certain time. A building of which the light shun through marked it out as Vimes neared the building he heard very only a distant voice. As he neared the door two heavy set men emerged from the shadows and asked for his name and who had invited him. After these details were exchanged Sam was allowed in.

“The Holy Scripture’s are only a rule of doctrine and that justification is by faith alone!”

The words were calmly spoken by a man at the front of the Warehouse and the Entire room was packed with a mix of men. Some Sam noticed were Academics such as himself but also there were ordinary men, soldiers and even some priests. The Words echoed around the room and not a man said a word, they seemed to be thinking and soon the talk was taken up by a young man who spoke with the zeal of a man who knows he is correct and true, started shouting about the corruptness of the church and that Man and God needed no man between them only a teacher to help them understand the ways God wants us to live as written in the bible.
    Sam was taken back by all this, he had of course studied the texts in great details and had often wondered (though not vocally) why the Great Mother church needed to be rich when teaching God (Academics see everything as a subject) needed very little money. Sam took one of the bibles being handed around. The English text inside made ownership of this book a clear sign of things to come for the man for whom suddenly things were not so black and white.

OOC Ok this is my first try at writing anything of length for quite a while so not as good as it could have been but I hope to expand on this young man more and his rise but also Protestantism rise in Britain.

PS any one guess where I stole the name from? :p

PPS Not meaning to whine and I did produce this poor effort but when is the update likely to be?

2. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

Have i sent orders? Confused...

3. Fëanor

Fëanor Chieftain

Ok, last week i had to work 72 hours and this week 60 hours so updating is out of the question, i have acquired a laptop and once i got that i will be able to work on updates and such while at work (will be delivered before end of week), i would also like to see more people post stories and send orders before i update

4. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

sorry, i got to quit. i need more time to begin working on my nes developments...

5. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

Oh you got the name from Terry Pratchetts Discworld novels. More specifically the watch novels. Samual Vimes, who constantly get promoted though i cant remember what he is at the moment... Commander of the watch, Duke i think... could very easily be off a bit.

6. EnglishPunk

EnglishPunk Chieftain

Hey glad to see some Pratchett fans out there, favourite author. Looking for a good picture of DEATH so I can get it as a tat on the lower part of my leg. Come on guys get them orders in!

7. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

oooh Paul Kidby does the best illustrations... not sure how the getting the pic and turning it into a tat would work but search for him on google and you will find pics.

8. EnglishPunk

EnglishPunk Chieftain

yeah did try to search but diddnt get the sort I got pictured in my head. It would be more a sketch type pic, got a few mates who can draw so might be easier to show the way I want it and describe what i want as well.

9. Toteone

Toteone Deity

Who's willing to work for Russia Fëanor? Last time I asked so many didn't want to come to live and work at my city of Muscowy... :(

10. Fëanor

Fëanor Chieftain

sorry people but i'll have too freeze this untill further notice, workting 60 hours a week kinda makes inpossible for me to continue this...

11. Toteone

Toteone Deity

That's ok. :) Good luck with your job and welcome back when you have time.

12. EnglishPunk

EnglishPunk Chieftain

Yea thats cool, just when life gets less make sure you get this started again. Really oringal Nes

13. Contempt

Contempt The Barbarian Warlord

its all good.