F&L complaint - tao: Don't interfere with F&L matters !!

Rik Meleet

Top predator
Retired Moderator
Governor tao has posted the following instructions for the 1860 AD Turnchat:

worker actions in Audiac
pollution clearing

worker joining cities
none

Rush Jobs
none
Governor tao, I ask you politely for 1 time: Will you please mind your own business and leave cashrushes and workers-actions where they belong; in the safe hands of the Minister of Finance and Labor ??
They are not only insulting and respectless to the Minister of Finance and Labor, they are also unneeded, illegal and a silly act.
A Governor, as every citizen has, has a say in these national matters by starting a discussion in the citizens-section, requesting it in the F&L-office thread or even by posting a poll about it. If you just post these instructions you are making a fool of yourself and are in fact saying "The minister of Finance and Labor isn't doing his/her job so I have decided to take it over"

If you want to control workers and Finance, sign up in the Nominations thread and try to get elected.

Respectfully,
Rik Meleet
Minister of Finance and Labor

Good thing this wasn't DG2... (Cyc would be PI'ing people by now...)

Come now Rik - no leader has complained before now. Do you really think he would do differently?

-- Ravensfire

Rik Meleet said:
Governor tao, I ask you politely for 1 time: Will you please mind your own business and leave cashrushes and workers-actions where they belong; in the safe hands of the Minister of Finance and Labor ??
They are not only insulting and respectless to the Minister of Finance and Labor, they are also unneeded, illegal and a silly act.
A Governor, as every citizen has, has a say in these national matters by starting a discussion in the citizens-section, requesting it in the F&L-office thread or even by posting a poll about it. If you just post these instructions you are making a fool of yourself and are in fact saying "The minister of Finance and Labor isn't doing his/her job so I have decided to take it over"

If you want to control workers and Finance, sign up in the Nominations thread and try to get elected.

Respectfully,
Rik Meleet
Minister of Finance and Labor
Minister:

The game is nearly over, but I still want to express my view:

As a governor, I feel responsible for best possible management of "my" province, i.e. cities.

Thus I asked for pollution clearing just as I asked for terrain improvements.

Joining workers to the wrong cities will mess with the happiness and thus with production. I only asked for joining AFTER requesting these in the F&L thread.

I only list rush jobs after they are improved be F&L. I see nothing wrong with this.

Final note: During several terms, worker handling was NOT in safe hands. Maybe safe, but not competent. Tiles were improved in the wrong order, the wrong tiles were improved, wrong improvements were done, workers were joined to the wrong cities. As a governor caring for "his" citizens, I argue against it. No pompous official (I do not mean you) will stop me from saying this.

With all possible respect

tao
Governor of Audiac

PS: Many turns many provinces and cities were managed pretty incompetent. I find it revealing that most complaints go against the governor striving knowlegeably for "the best", not against raving incompetence. Democracy? :D

tao said:
As a governor, I feel responsible for best possible management of "my" province, i.e. cities.
And you have.
tao said:
Thus I asked for pollution clearing just as I asked for terrain improvements.
It wasn't asked.
tao said:
Joining workers to the wrong cities will mess with the happiness and thus with production. I only asked for joining AFTER requesting these in the F&L thread.
And it has been done.
tao said:
I only list rush jobs after they are improved be F&L. I see nothing wrong with this.
I assume you mean approved. To prevent futile debate I'll only reply "your intensions were good".
tao said:
Final note: During several terms, worker handling was NOT in safe hands. Maybe safe, but not competent. Tiles were improved in the wrong order, the wrong tiles were improved, wrong improvements were done, workers were joined to the wrong cities. As a governor caring for "his" citizens, I argue against it. No pompous official (I do not mean you) will stop me from saying this.
No one is taking away your right to free speech. I absolutely agree that a lot of things aren't done in the best possible way. I even think 90% of all decisions taken and actions performed weren't perfect. But frankly, they don't have to be. We are playing a role-playing game and a Government-mimicing game projected on Civ III. It isn't about playing perfectly and not even about winning. But since winning is nicer to the game than loosing, we intentionally chose difficulty-level Monarch, so we would win, no matter how many smaller or bigger errors we'd make.
tao said:
With all possible respect

tao
Governor of Audiac

PS: Many turns many provinces and cities were managed pretty incompetent. I find it revealing that most complaints go against the governor striving knowlegeably for "the best", not against raving incompetence. Democracy? :D
Yes Democracy game. Incompetence-prevention is fought by suggesting better ways to do it and discussing that in the citizens threads and the polls. Not the best option is performed, but the option with the most support. I am not picking on you for your striving to play "the best", but for stepping into my shoes. My role as Minister makes this obligatory.

Anyway, let's forget about this minor detail and celebrate the in-game victory. It's been a fun DG and you are also to be thanked for it. You are a factor who adds controversy, ambition and sharp debates to the game. I sure hope you'll join in DG5. I always like a few people in the game who speak their opinions in an unorthodox way with an eagerness and ambition to do well. It's less fun if everyone agrees with everyone. For the sake of the victory; can you and finally agree on 1 single thing ;) ??

Rik Meleet said:
I always like a few people in the game who speak their opinions in an unorthodox way with an eagerness and ambition to do well. It's less fun if everyone agrees with everyone.
On this we agree. Completely. :D

For the sake of the victory; can you and finally agree on 1 single thing ;) ??
Yes. See above.

Top Bottom