F&L - Slider settings discussion after Synthetic Fibres

Rik Meleet

Top predator
Retired Moderator
We are getting Synthetic Fibres in a couple of turns. We will be able to build and upgrade to modern armor. We already know Computers so we can build or upgrade to Mech Infantry.

We do however require money for these upgrades. I therefore propose: 0% science when we learn this tech. I see no further techs we need nor want. But I can be mistaken...

What do the citizens want ?

Three turns of 0% research will give us all the cash we need. Afterwards we can start researching again.

Black_Hole9 said:
how much gpt do we get at 0%?
Above +1800gpt. Thus enough to hurry at least another 4 modern armor per turn! We should be able to wipe out Persia faster than be going the evil nuke/ICBM way. And more frinedly to the ecology.

How about raise it up to 10% or 20% so that we are still researching but not as much... we will be still making quite a bit of gold. But please don't set it at 0%....

You can still have corrupt cities generate scientists. They have MORE than enough food down there!

In that case it might be wiser to do keep it at 0% for some turns and hire 1 scientist.

I think 3 turns of 0% isn't enough to pay for all upgrades. What about a synthesis; 3 turns at 0% and then X turns of around +1000 gpt until we've upgraded and rushed what we need ?

Rik Meleet said:
I think 3 turns of 0% isn't enough to pay for all upgrades. What about a synthesis; 3 turns at 0% and then X turns of around +1000 gpt until we've upgraded and rushed what we need ?
2 turns of 0% are enough to pay for all the upgrades. :D

And the need for rushing modern armor ends when Persia is gone and the game is over. ;)

Chieftess said:
You can still have corrupt cities generate scientists. They have MORE than enough food down there!

That could work...

10%?? That's a good number..or how about 0% for 2 turns the 10% for awhile then back to 0%??? Then after we have enough gold how about...full power!!!

*Looks at save to see how much gold we have*
2627 (-151 per turn)

*Looks to see how much it cost to upgrade all the units*
:eek:

We upgrade the infantry first...then 2 turns of 0%, then 1 turn of 10% then 1 turn of 20%, then back to zero for 2 turns, or whenever all the units are upgraded and we have about 4000 gold go to full power research..

Top Bottom