F1 menu - list of rev, crime, disease level etc. very valuable except it doesnt work.

Noriad2

Emperor
If you press F1 in game, or press the little red button with the Che Guevara portrait in the upper right, you get into a menu where you can call various lists of your cities, and their various values like current production are shown. In C2C version 33 there was also a list of Revolutions index in the standard options but it got broken along the way.

Luckily these lists are customizable (see attached screenshots called Index1.jpg). If you press the button with the little scroll, you get into list edit mode. With the lower "+" you can add a list and with the higher "+" you can add the desired parameters to this list (in this case the REV index) from a choice of over 8000 parameters. Press the button with the little scroll again, and the list shows (again see screenshots Index1.jpg).

Unfortunately the list of parameters does not include the most interesting ones: education and crime. These two are very important to keep track of, especially in the highest difficulty level (deity with nightmare option enabled) and become a pain to monitor as the number of your cities grows during the game. If I scroll the list of parameter to the bottom: no education, crime or any other city property parameter available. Again, see screenshot Index1.jpg . Also the lists save button does not work: the custom list is available as long as you keep playing but each time you restart the program you need to make this list again.

Some time ago, Arakhor was so kind as to post a file called CustomDomAdv.txt :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13881190&postcount=36

If you put this file in the \Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\UserSettings directory (of course remove C2C from the filename first) then the city properties get added to the first list in F1. See attached screenshots Index2.jpg. Unfortunately there are so many columns in this list that the last collumns fall off the screen with no scroll bar, but the city properties are now present at the bottom of the parameter list so you can now make your own list with properties. In my new custom page (again see screenshots Index2.jpg) I can instantly see the crime, education etc. of all my cities.

Furthermore, the save button (the little monitor icon on the bottom) now works.

Unfortunately, now the REV index parameters are no longer available in the parameter list.

In short, this list feature is very much in need of some attention. There should be a list of city properties and a list of rev index in the default lists. As keeping track of education and crime becomes a pain later in game, this feature removes some of the tedium of mid- and late game.

Attachments

• index1.jpg
    index1.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 72
  • Index2.jpg
    Index2.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 66
I'm glad you could make use of it, but I should have pointed out that I'd optimised that particular display for my widescreen monitor (1920x1080).

I FINALLY figured out that there are two city overview screens - one that gets called with F1 and one that gets called with the red Che Guevara button in the upper right corner. These screens *look* almost exactly alike but they really are separate screens. The F1 screen allows access to the city properties (at the bottom of the list) but NOT the Revolutions parameters, while the red Che Guevara button allows access to the Revolutions parameters but NOT the city properties.

Took me over a year to figure this out.

I did one for the Revolutions screen too, but I almost never use it. :)

Attachments

• C2C CustomRevAdv.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 38
@DH: You wanna take a look at this stuff and see if it could/should go in place in the release? I'm no good with the python screen stuff.

It is not python. It is selecting F1 (Domestic Adviser Screen) and then editing it.

You can add/remove columns on any page, add new pages etc.

I have done that for the properties, in my game.

The file is in "User Settings" and is "CustomDomAdv.txt"

Not sure how you merge different versions though.

Top Bottom