F2 Gap Plains Filler

What shall we Name the F2 Gap Plains Filler City?

• Grand Ronville

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Myarsatoria

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Gabba Gabba

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Forth Anarchy

• Neuma

• Nemo's Way

• Lucy's Way (or similar per Queen Jayne)

• York Way (or similar per duke o' york)

• Other - Nemo, you are too much!

• Don't even found this, do what I tell you.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
This is a controversial city name, so we'll poll.

Although Neuma is next in Q, we are about to found important cities at G2NE and the Northern Whale City, I assume Leowind would rather name one of those rather than a filler between Little Nemo and Elysium. I would be pleased if the people voted Nemo's Way. However, the election newspaper and judical branch have been running a campaign against such a name. Anything is fine with me.

I voted "Gabba Gabba". I would like a small city being named after me. It shall be a haven for those who want to flee the big cities, experience the spirit of freedom and still do valuable work for the empire (when they're in the mood).

heliogabalus, so nice to hear from you. Your post might wrap this one up for you! I voted for "Gabba Gabba", surely a great relief for our kind and proper duke.

We once had a math teacher, H Ron Pottorff. Concealing the name behind the H was a great fun we all had for two years , and among Many possibilities, several of us thought "Heliogabalus" was the truth!

Btw, F2 is the Gap Plains, midpoint between LN and RC. The Settlers arrive next move.

Off-Topic, are we all clear on the location of G2NE? It's posted around quite a bit last turn, and Rout finally pinpointed the optimal location, methinks. It's my target for the current MD Settlers.

I finally found the location for "F2 Gap Plains", yearning to be called "Gabba Gabba" ;) in some older thread.

The "land registry office" suggested by Jayne will be good for clarifying where exactly which proposed city site is.

Seems you are right on "my post wrapping this up". Note to self: Simply stating what you want is a very effective tool!

I don't have much time on my hands for the DG currently, and I'm stuck with a nasty cold. Nothing serious, only bothersome (and I'm currently out of tissue paper, other than the sandpaper-like one they have here near the computer pools). Additionally, with all the achievements you/ we have made, the game begins to get really complex. I'd like to know why I am voting for a poll option before I do, so I've been mainly lurking lately and only voting in "easy polls" - like the elections ;)

Apropos polls, your multi-polls sure are fun, GaryNemo, but they're liable to start some poor participants' descent into madness :crazyeye: because of their sometimes mind-boggling complexity. Also, they are hard to analyse because they are made to add up to 100 % and because they are so large.

*feebly trying to soften the criticism* You are doing a great job, though, honestly.

You all have fun and success with the game! Enjoy cold beverages out of the skulls of the soon-to-be-history-Vikings and don't forget to keep records of Indian cuisine and some chefs (don't mix up the two, please!).

See you in a while!

PS: Gary, in one of your earlier posts you were speculating that starlifter might be off for "military work" (i thought so too). It seems that he is just doing other things on CFC - he has been posting pretty much the whole time.

edited the manual :crazyeyes: to :crazyeye:

Nice post! Regarding the polls, it seems mind boggling to me too. What you can do it download the game and look at something, any situtation, and post. Perhaps starlifter has drifted off to give you, me and others some experience.

If we citizens handled any Poll like this, it could help: Look at it, perhaps study some game information, and post an idea. Then come back in 24 hours or less, review the posts, and vote.

I prefer the Multi-Polls, because I have seen time and again, no one person can think of everything. It gives everyone a voice, and we surely appreciate your attention. Perhaps, you could help manage Gabba Gabba for starters!

GN, thanks for thinking of me this way. Yes, I would prefer Neuma to be a nice trade rich city, as befitting my current role as Science Advisor:D If Heli wants this city, he's welcome to it in my book.

FWIW, I agree in principle with Heli's comments regarding the multipolls. I surf here while at work--basically check the forum and read/respond to a thread for a minute or two, then switch back to what I'm *supposed* to be doing. It's difficult for me to spend the time it takes to sort through all the options in a multipoll. Quite often I just don't, I must admit. The depth of the detail of your planning and analyses has been tremendously helpful to our game. Maybe there is no simpler way to do it. Seemed the last game didn't have the big multi-polls. Perhaps you could look through the archives and see how they did it? Maybe some good ideas; maybe not.

NEway, keep up the great work :goodjob:

I just looked at the archive. There were no multi-polls. Maybe we are trying to play too fast, two sessions per week. There seemed to be an active community of posters, many laid out plans, details, generalities, opinions, etc. I am not sure how to do this without multi-polls... Advisors? Governors? Queen? Shall we try something else? If I scare everyone away, I'm not doing the best thing for the game...

IIRC, Multi polls were not used it the first game because they did not exist back then (at least not until the very end).

Instead of one huge multi-poll, we had a couple smaller polls. Each one focused on one element. The Multi-polls that are being used now seem to meld many issues together into one poll. Maybe they need to be separated out a bit.....

Oh. I had another thought. Maybe, with no enemy, many people are content to have a few of us plan thru this epoch. Also, I have thought of a poll related to general direction ... I'll post.

PS: Gary, in one of your earlier posts you were speculating that starlifter might be off for "military work" (i thought so too). It seems that he is just doing other things on CFC - he has been posting pretty much the whole time.

I don't know how I came to the conclusion that he's been here the whole time. I must have searched wrong. His profile says that he last posted August 24th.

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
Instead of one huge multi-poll, we had a couple smaller polls. Each one focused on one element. The Multi-polls that are being used now seem to meld many issues together into one poll. Maybe they need to be separated out a bit.....

Well Cornmaster did have a strange system that he thought up for one set of elections. He put the entire cabinet in each option so that you could vote for the people you thought would best serve United Fanatica. So the first option would be
President: AoA, Domestic: dreadhead, Science: Dell, Military: DuckofFlanders, Foreign: Palehorse

and the next option would be
President: Pellaken, Domestic: dreadhead, Science: Dell, Military: DuckofFlanders, Foreign: Palehorse.

This would be repeated for with each position alternated so the next one would have a different domestic advisor and so on for all the different options. But it just got very confusing indeed and was dropped after its brief trial. We could easily use the Multi-poll for an election if you were restricted from voting for both parties. As it is, we'll just have to stick with the current system. As long as everyone remembers to vote for GaryNemo of course..... :)

Top Bottom