F22 default.flc

papajohns

Prince
here ya go...now if only someone can make it blow up and create the death.flc......

Attachments

• f22default.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 111
screenshot

Attachments

• f22.jpg
    f22.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 514
For a long time, I've been hoping somebody would make an F-22 'cause if I made one it wouldn't look too good.:D The F-22 is an awesome plane and would be a great addition to Civ3.

Great unit! I think some time ago to create F-22, but I haven't model so start to creating F-16. But I have problem with palette... :( But I think I finish this unit :egypt:

Attachments

• f16default.jpg
    f16default.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 465
what i usually do is just to save palette from the unit32 and then load it to the pcx im working with.....havnt had troubles with palette if i do that

mm..from the number of dls i would say my units are not as popular as the other people's..i guess ill let the pros do the units.

:)

I think the problem is that your units aren't finished works.

I am planning on adding the f-22 to the DyP mod, I only wish it were a completed unit.

don't quit posting what you have, eventually somebody will pick up the task or, conversly you could make the death and attack animations animations and then I am sure you would see a greater number of downloads. You do very nice work. At least I like it.

Papajohns,

I think you are working on neat things but as I progress in building units for advanced CIV3 applications, I can clearly see that the methods you are using are going to result in you being totally frustrated in the long run.

CIV3 is a bit different from previous game engines because the units are rendered in 3D. The interplay of shading, lighting, and shadow goes a long way to making a neat idea into a convincing set of unit animations.

I would strongly recommend that you detour a bit and download the Moray wire frame modeling program and then the POvRay rendering program to convert your models into more realistic unit graphics.

These programs will work great for aircraft models which is obviously where your interests lie.

It will take you a little bit of time to learn how to build a realistic model of your airplanes by assembling cylinders, bezier shapes, and toruses but in the end the results will not even be in the same league where you are currently playing around.

You will be able to dow shadows, banks, rolls, loads and unloads, hatch openings, airdrops, .... you name it and it all awaits you just around the next bend.

Moray is free to download and use for 30 days to learn and evaluate the process and then if you decide to keep using it it only costs about $70US and this is a real bargain.

I am focusing here on the positive aspects of these choices because it would be nice to have you join us on this wireframe modeling plane of unit design and I think that in the end you will be much, much, much happier with your results.

Good luck and let me know if you get the software downloaded so I can help you get the first several wireframe models up to your standards.

F-22! F-22! Hip hip hooray!

I already changed the F-117's stats to those more like an F-22. Now if only I had an appropriate anim-set..... And maybe a B-1b to replace the B-2....

PapaJohns and Dragon Warrior ... many thanks. And Papajohns, I've been using your default images for quite a while, they are wonderful, even as defaults!

I'm done S run and attck now, but i noticed a problem in SE attack and run i used mirror images and now the shadows don't show so it may take a while to fix

Sweet! This is about the last unit I've been looking for for my mod.

Top Bottom