FA : Declaration of War with Rome

Shall War be declared with Rome, within the next 10 turns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This is the citizens poll for declaring war with Rome. As shown by this thread, we would invade Rome to obtain saltpeter, a vitally important resource. This poll showed that a large percentage but small number of people support war as soon as the military is ready. For the purposes of this poll, the time period is defined as between 0 and 10 turns from now. If the military cannot be ready in 10 or fewer turns then we need to reassess the situation.

Vote yes to declare war with Rome when the military is ready (10 turns or less from now)
Vote no to not declare war with Rome
Abstain if you want to mark your presence but not vote for either of the other options.

This poll will be open for 3 days or until the beginning of the next play session, whichever is earlier.

The military will no doubt be ready in under 10 turns. It is currently mobilized in two cities, save the elite sword in Berlin. A turn or two will be taken to get forces into position but the war can and should start in the next TC.

Until I am satisfied with the plans for this war, I will withhold my vote.

-- Ravensire

Antium won a 6-5 majority of the vote in the ill-placed poll in the Citizens forum. Does that negate its value?

I know it seems that the remaining active members are of one mind, but does that mean we have to throw Democracy out the window?

I do not have time right now to take my case to the Judiciary, but I will in due time. The people must be represented, and the last representation I know of can be found in this thread (Greekguy switched his vote).

Forget the last....I just saw the Level 4 map, and how it swayed the unobservant into changing their vote after greekguy's.

Way to go! It looks like faulty intelligence is a great method to gain public support! :lol:

I'll vote YES since it doesn't effing matter any more.

Donovan Zoi said:
Antium won a 6-5 majority of the vote in the ill-placed poll in the Citizens forum. Does that negate its value?

I know it seems that the remaining active members are of one mind, but does that mean we have to throw Democracy out the window?

I do not have time right now to take my case to the Judiciary, but I will in due time. The people must be represented, and the last representation I know of can be found in this thread (Greekguy switched his vote).

Yes, i did switch my vote, but so did xyourmomxcorex, in the post after mine. that would mean one less vote for Antium (now 5), and 1 more vote for Rome (now 6).

so total tally is 6-5 Rome. Democracy is still alive here, don't worry. :)

Heck, yes! Attack! Take Rome. :goodjob:

I am voting NO to this war.

Unlike the war with France, we are facing a foe with capable defenders, entrenched in large cities. We have Roman units spread throughout our land that must be dealt with.

The plans for this war are still vague after repeated and pointed requests for more information. That additional information has, sadly, not been provided in sufficient detail for me to be comfortable with war at this point in time.

Our troops are ready for this war; our nation is not.

-- Ravensfire

Interesting, this poll was 90% in support of war now. Instructions were posted saying to declare war if the poll passed, but we moved 10 turns forward without starting in on Rome. The correct thing to do would have been to either follow instructions or not play until we have it right.

ravensfire said:
I am voting NO to this war.

Unlike the war with France, we are facing a foe with capable defenders, entrenched in large cities. We have Roman units spread throughout our land that must be dealt with.

The plans for this war are still vague after repeated and pointed requests for more information. That additional information has, sadly, not been provided in sufficient detail for me to be comfortable with war at this point in time.

Our troops are ready for this war; our nation is not.

-- Ravensfire
We need Calvary. We could side with the Germans, who would kill the Roman Troops off.

xyourxmomxcorex said:
We need Calvary. We could side with the Germans, who would kill the Roman Troops off.

Not really, the Germans are a bit like WWI Belgium, they can't do much, if any thing, right now.

-the Wolf

xyourxmomxcorex said:

Right now, we cannot build Cavalry as we don't have the needed resources. That's the intent behind this war - capture Saltpeter.

Germany is rather weak right now. Some time ago, we beat them around pretty good. They are currently at war with Rome, and losing.

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
Right now, we cannot build Cavalry as we don't have the needed resources. That's the intent behind this war - capture Saltpeter.

Germany is rather weak right now. Some time ago, we beat them around pretty good. They are currently at war with Rome, and losing.

-- Ravensfire
No, THATS MY POINT. We must go to war because we need the calvary, or England or Japan (both hate us) will come over and whoop our asses.

Top Bottom