FA: Military Alliances against Russia.

Nobody

Gangster
We are at war with Russia. On our side are the brave and loyal Coalition of the Willing. Consisting of France, Aztecs and America. It is the position of Foreign Affairs Ministry that we should build on the “Coalition” by using military alliances. Military Alliances work similar to a mutual protection pact as they will bring other nations into the war. But they will not obligate to defend our allies just to fight with them against a specific threat. These alliances last for 20 turns and we must stay in the war for all 20 turns or we will face a rep hit. The nations I propose that we sign Military alliances with are China, Babylon, Zulu and Iroquois.

Here are the specifics of each treaty:

CHINA
We will have to give them our silks.

ZULU
We will give them Saltpeter, and they will give us their world map and 50 gold.

IROQUOIS
We will give them Physics and they will give us their world map, 50 gold and 5 gold per turn.

BABYLON
We give them our Military Tradition and they give us their world map, 11 gold per turn and 40 gold.

I also think should sign a military alliance with our MPP allies just to seal the agreement further. This will be free.

PROS: We will gain allies in the war against Russia, and make it so there a fewer potential enemies for Russia to bring against us. Also these Alliances will help improve the worlds mood towards us for our ultimate goal of Diplomatic Victory.

CONS: Some times the AI will sign a peace regardless of our alliances. Also this treaty will mean we have to fight for at least 20 more turns.

Even though I will be posting a poll immediately, I still want the people to make a lot of discussion. If you have more pros and cons please list them. The FAmily is in favour of signing all of these Treaties. Please Discuss and remember to vote. The Poll is located here.

No!

War Weariness will kick in, we are forced to be at war for 20 turns, lest we ruin our reputation. We already have enough allies - these won't do squat.

I think we need to build on this broad coalition in order to make them more deeper embedded in our system, and head straight for the diplowin.
Universal Suffrage would handle the war weariness, and if the people allow us to finish the war off very quickly, few would notice war weariness. People should be more worried about the wait and see crowd in Japanatica, these could lead us into a perpetual state of war weariness, for every time the Russians show up.

Ginger ale, your favorite word is no, never a alternative idea. Just plain no. if you have your way we would just disband all of the goverment agencys and just press enter real fast until the year 2050.

LOL@Nobody, you should have your own Kiwi stand up show :D

But I am not flaming individuals anymore, it is too easy. I rather argue with facts and logics and Civ3 articles, and maybe, maybe someone will reason.

Nobody said:
Ginger ale, your favorite word is no, never a alternative idea. Just plain no. if you have your way we would just disband all of the goverment agencys and just press enter real fast until the year 2050.

He may not have given an alternative idea, but he gave a reason for saying "no." Let Rome and Iroquois sign a MA against us, gives us more reason to conquer them.

War Weariness will kick in, we are forced to be at war for 20 turns, lest we ruin our reputation. We already have enough allies - these won't do squat

Our MPP mean we will be at war for atleast 16(ish) more turns anyway. and if iroquios, zulu, china, and babylon all declare war on us it will do more War weariness than a extra 4 turns of war.

Let Rome and Iroquois sign a MA against us, gives us more reason to conquer them.

I left rome out of my plans for a reason, i hate those scum scuming scumy scums. ( i hope its ok to flame rome or Romos as i call them)

LOL,and Romos National Anthem should be "YMCA" ?:D

MPP is about 19 turns anyways, from activation date.

Top Bottom