1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FA Poll: Alliances and ROPs vs. the Persians Part 1

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by eyrei, Dec 14, 2002.

?

Should we take the actions outlined in the proposal?

Poll closed Dec 16, 2002.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Abstain

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

This is a quick poll.

Here is the proposal:

Sign a RoP with the Iroquois to cement their 'friendship' and get their troops across our territory faster.

Sign a RoP and alliance vs. the Persians with the Chinese. This will cost 17gpt and our world map. The Chinese are likely itching to attack someone, and this will make sure it is not us. They are going to move troops into our territory whether they have a RoP or not, and if they have one, the troops will remain in our territory for a shorter period of time, and they will be far less likely to declare war. Just to be safe, put two or three knights on mobile garrison duty to follow any significant stack of chinese units as they move close to cities on their way to Persia.

Move troops into position to take out the Aztecs. Declare war as soon as they are ready.

Remain at war with the Japanese, as it keeps the Russians and Indians in an alliance with us.

Begin preparations for a war on the eastern front against the Americans.

The relevant discussion thread is here.

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Taking out that Aztec Settler and Spear in the west should be our first strike.

3. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Yes. Then we take the city. First, though, we keep Monty from getting too big.

4. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

17gpt = 340g = 17 spearmen to pikeman upgrades. It is also equal to a quarter of our current per turn surplus. Let's stop giving the AI our gold.

5. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

I like the ROP (rare, but I like it), but no to China. So, overall, I say no to this deal.

6. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

I voted yes for the overall plan, though I'd also be happy to see the China portion excised.

7. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Far to much gold to the chinesse. NO WAY!

8. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Goonie, we are no longer in Ancient Times. 20-30gpt deals take place all the time in the Ai's double bonus standard world. That's why they are always getting insulted by our offers and say we are a "cute" little civ. Besides, if the Chinese want to charge us this much for an alliance, it may mean they are considering an attack on one of our cities. Our gpt income is about to take a quantum leap upward with the FP placement, and 17gpt is less than 1/3 of our current income. We'll be OK.

9. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I voted YES. The Chinese will rolling out their new model, the Rider. We don't want it coming to a city near us.

Let's see if this will keep them out of our hair for 20 turns while we take out Azteca and plan our attack on America.

10. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I also disagree with the Chinese portion of this plan. Maybe, it's because I think they're going to attack us anyway, and I don't want to give them any of our hard-earned gold....

Regardless, they do have Riders coming up soon, but they also have lots of jungle to cross to get to us. The war could go on for many, many turns before they reach our cities (and by then, we could bring India into the fray on our side...).

11. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

I think it's the English I'm more worried about. Then again, they have troops in MY province!