FA Poll: Alliances and ROPs vs. the Persians Part 2

Which action should we take regarding the English?

• Ignore their RoP with Persia (do nothing)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Sign an alliance vs Persia for 1gpt + world map

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Sign an alliance vs Persia for 3gpt

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Sign an alliance vs Persia for incense

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
This is a quick poll.

The English, after breaking our alliance against the Persians, have signed a ROP with them. To keep the Immortals from making it quickly to our borders (if they indeed got past the Romans) we could sign another alliance with the English against the Persians.

This could be achieved by giving them:

1gpt + our world map

3gpt

any tech (this will not be included in the poll as it is simply not worth it)

incense

Note that the 3 options including an alliance vs the Persians will be combined against the option to do nothing. If there is even distribution among these 3 options, a spot vote will need to be called during the chat, unfortunately.

Please note that the incense is worth 6gpt and 40g to the Romans.

We have already sold education to both Rome and Russia so if we must buy off England again we should use education to do so.

That said, I have voted to ignore the ROP. We'd be better off upgrading our spearmen to pikes and sending our new knights east. Put a few pikes in the mountains between Morgana and The Burrow and reinforce Padmativa. If we can't handle a bunch of Persian swordsmen we might as well quit fighting wars and become a democracy....

I voted for 1gpt and a world map for a new alliance. It would have the following effects for a negligible price:

Destroy what is left of the English reputation.

Pit the English army against any Persians that made it past Rome.

Avoid the Persians ever getting troops to our territory.

Significantly reduce the chances of the English declaring war while they have troops in our territory.

I think we need to screw over the Persians and the traitorous English. This approach seems to be a good way to do it.

I favor a gpt approach.

I voted gold plus map. Our map probably isn't that different from theirs, so we must as well give it to them if it saves us money!

I say we give the English the Incense for the alliance vs the Persians :).

I say Incense, unless we can sell it for a nice sum of gold.

Top Bottom