Fabius Maximus Beta - 'Random' AI is broken

HiRezAudio

Prince
Whilst it was great to see the option for all AI opponents to be random, it's broken as once you hit the 'Start' option after setting all to be random it shows clearly just who you will be up against this time around.
Oops!

Whilst it was great to see the option for all AI opponents to be random, it's broken as once you hit the 'Start' option after setting all to be random it shows clearly just who you will be up against this time around.
Oops!

I noticed that as well and I personally would like hiding the AIs completely until you meet them in the game better, too...but technically this might not even be a bug (depending on developer intention): The changelog says just
- Added a “random AI Persona” option when picking opponents.
which is now possible. So if the intention was only to make UI-wise easier to shuffle the opponent AI personas a bit through, then it's just that. No word on hiding the slection until in-game action. Sure, for us players often coming from Civ its clear that "hidden" is part of "random" here, but that's not the only way to see things. Plus that in HK knowing the AI personas in advance is much less of an advantage then knowing the AI civs in Civ, as the cultures those personas will pick depends mainly on how the game proceeds and not on individual persona preferences (if there are such preferences at all, I'm not even sure)

Whilst I see your point about the wording, this still feels broken to me as it's not Random when you know who you are up against. To my mind Random would mean it's a surprise when you meet them instead of as it currently sits more like 'Oh - there you are'

Top Bottom