1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Facing yourself in a game, a bug?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Artifex1, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Artifex1

Artifex1 Warlord

I am pericles and my first civ that I bumped into is pericles..so what gives?

Is this a bug or by design?

2. bladex

bladex Emperor

it is possible to add the same civ more than once on the menu screen. don't know if it's a bug or intentional. so random civs will prob be you as well :p

3. Solovey

Solovey Chieftain

When I played Aztec I experienced the DoW from... Montezuma.
    As far as I understand, this happened when a civilization that I'd met yet declared a war against me. And this could happen, when another civilization asked them doing so and they agreed.

4. bladex

bladex Emperor

that didn't happen to him the 1st civ he met was himself

5. Skybird

Skybird Chieftain

CIVception! All we need now is Ghandi saying to Ghandi "just because you have a weapon..." over and over and we could be here all night! :mischief:

skyclad likes this.
  6. Artifex1

Artifex1 Warlord

I picked standard continents and chose to play pericles, I didn't add same civ.

7. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

From my experience, it always happens after a joint war is declared against you and you haven't met the second participant yet. He/she is replaced by your leader in that case. It's only a visual bug without consequences in the game. Just be aware that you are at war with a second AI.

Zuizgond likes this.
  8. Artifex1

Artifex1 Warlord

This was at the start of the game maybe 10-15 turns in I bumped into "pericles" while exploring the map. No wars or anything of that nature.

9. The Pixie

The Pixie Chieftain

Can that be right? That would imply the game does not pick your opponents until you meet them, or that it can swap them when you do meet them. Surely the AIs get assigned at the start of the game, and never change.

10. AppleDumplingHead

AppleDumplingHead Emperor

Win a culture victory and get the achievement, "selfie".

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I think it's a silly feature that breaks immersion. I did it purposely once for the achievement, haven't had it happen randomly.

12. ERMTony

ERMTony Chieftain

Happened to me this morning. Started as Gorgo then met Gorgo, though the alt Gorgo's capital is Knossos. Weird.

13. WankIT

WankIT Chieftain

I play on huge map with max civs, so i see multiple Greek nations.

14. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

There's actually an achivement for winning a cultural victory against yourself :3

Anyway there's definitely a bug where you can get DoW'd by yourself... seemingly, but in reality it's a different civ, just the wrong leader animation. Happened to me in my first Civ VI game (though never since so maybe it's patched now)

15. Synth

Synth Comrade

Actually having yourself within the game (not your leader being used as a placeholder for an unmet leader declaring war on you) only happens, as far as I know, when using Greece. Since they wanted to allow Pericles and Gorgo to be on the same game, I think they probably added something to the code that allows two Greeces to be in the same game, but didn't specify it had to be different leaders.