Fahrenhait 9/11

Red Threat

52ª brigata Garibaldi
I've just seen yesterday. I like it a lot (exspecially when I've been laughing - OFTEN) but some parts of the film where a little shocking... the war scenes, the scene with W in the children school on 9/11... but I like.

It showed many things I didn't know (the friendship between the Bin Ladens, the Saudis and the Bush Family... the lie-draft between young & poor blacks) and I really wonder how a country with a great past like America has been able to get such a downfall.

In Italy it's actually the most seen film in the cinema. What do you think about (for those who saw it).

And... a question to US people... are you able to see Fahrenheit 9/11??? Or is it censored in your country?

F9/11 has been banned by the PATRIOT Act and Michael Moore is considered a person non grata, so he resides in Canada for the time being.

Pirate tapes have snuck across the border, but viewing them is virtually impossible because President Bush altered the NTSC video format to prevent subversive tapes entering the U.S.

rmsharpe said:
F9/11 has been banned by the PATRIOT Act and Michael Moore is considered a person non grata, so he resides in Canada for the time being.

This is absolutely ridiculous, it is like America is turning to a police state.

rmsharpe said:

Pirate tapes have snuck across the border, but viewing them is virtually impossible because President Bush altered the NTSC video format to prevent subversive tapes entering the U.S.
It's absurd... it confirms the downfall... I can't believe... you should be the champions of democracy?????????

Don't you know? Everything Rmsharpe says about America is a lie.

So basically, if you want the truth, take a quote by Rmsharpe, and flip it around.

BTW, F9/11 made $115 million at the box office in America.

There was discussion of banning it 60 days before the elections, due to new provisions of a new "campaign finance reform law", which is a slap in the face to freedom of speech, but it never happened.

Also, I did see it, just to make Bill O'reilly (right wing FOX news commentator) mad. I have already seen plenty of war pictures and footage, via websites, so there was little new in it to me.

I enjoyed the movie and agree with a lot of things but I think he goes a little to far sometimes. Like that scene were he goes, "What is bush thinking?" and just rambles on about nonsense. You can tell that he really hates Bush beyond rational levels. I dislike Bush also but Moore seems rabid in his hate for him. When I went to the theater it was crowded. Everybody from young veterans to an elderly couples in their 80's watched the film.

I think it is sad that some people outside the US cannot tell that rmsharpe's post was a joke. How bad has our overseas image gotten? Yes there are raging debates all the time about censorship, but it was the movie studio's decision to delay it's release rather than the government's decision. No it was not censored, but Disney freaked out about possibly insulting half the country that they didn't release it for a while. The government cannot censor it, Americans are free to watch it. However, after his reception at the Republican convention Moore may still want to move to Canada.

Pirate said:
I think it is sad that some people outside the US cannot tell that rmsharpe's post was a joke. How bad has our overseas image gotten? Yes there are raging debates all the time about censorship, but it was the movie studio's decision to delay it's release rather than the government's decision. No it was not censored, but Disney freaked out about possibly insulting half the country that they didn't release it for a while. The government cannot censor it, Americans are free to watch it.

Disney did not release it all. Allthough their studios have released many controversial films. (It was actually to be released by Disney, but one of their studios.)

However, after his reception at the Republican convention Moore may still want to move to Canada.

Being hated by the Republicans is a badge of pride. I think it made him happy.

Pirate said:
I think it is sad that some people outside the US cannot tell that rmsharpe's post was a joke.

Indeed. It took me a while to figure out it was a joke, but that is just the iimage we are given by the stories of arrests for insulting Bush.

nonconformist said:
Indeed. It took me a while to figure out it was a joke, but that is just the iimage we are given by the stories of arrests for insulting Bush.

Americans believe all sorts of propaganda about other nations. But many do not realize the seemingly small stories here may carry much more significance globally....

...like guantanamo, Abu Gharib, Jose Padilla, free speech zones, arresting protesters, etc...

Pirate said:
I think it is sad that some people outside the US cannot tell that rmsharpe's post was a joke. How bad has our overseas image gotten?

It took me a while as well. When you read things like protester's being arrested for wearing 'Love America, Hate Bush' Shirts at a speech, and countless more all the time, then it builds up.

Neomega said:
Americans believe all sorts of propaganda about other nations. But many do not realize the seemingly small stories here may carry much more significance globally....

...like guantanamo, Abu Gharib, Jose Padilla, free speech zones, arresting protesters, etc...

To continue the thought, I was surprised when I saw '60s soviet propaganda in my conservative days... it was a cartoon showing policemen fire hosing a bunch of black kids.

And I thought, damn, it's true. We did hose our own citizens.

rmsharpe said:

Actually, it is very annoying that the United States continues to use NTSC, when most of the rest of the world uses PAL. It's like their continued insistence on imperial measurements. I believe, off the top of my head, that Japan is the only other NTSC country, although some French-speaking nations use something like NTSC that's a bit different.

So Bush probably wouldn't have to do too much to make sure that this pernicious material was unwatchable in the homeland...

Plotinus said:
Actually, it is very annoying that the United States continues to use NTSC, when most of the rest of the world uses PAL. It's like their continued insistence on imperial measurements. I believe, off the top of my head, that Japan is the only other NTSC country, although some French-speaking nations use something like NTSC that's a bit different.

So Bush probably wouldn't have to do too much to make sure that this pernicious material was unwatchable in the homeland...

And it comes out on video one month before the election!

And I am buying a copy.... so once again, Mr. O'reilly, Moore made 10x more money with his movie than your book. :lol: and just wait for the video release. :lol:

Plotinus said:
although some French-speaking nations use something like NTSC that's a bit different.
France used to use the SECAM system which was a slightly different version of the PAL system. Now, it's PAL everywhere.

Red Threat said:
but some parts of the film where a little shocking... the war scenes, the scene with W in the children school on 9/11... but I like.

:eek: :eek: intresting

It's a silly claim, and an especially odd one for Kerry to make. After all, here's what Kerry recently told Larry King about his own 9/11 doings. "And as I came in [to a meeting in Sen. Tom Daschle's office], Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think, and then boom, right behind us, we saw the cloud of explosion at the Pentagon."

And then we just realized nobody could think.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oreg...ndex.ssf?/base/editorial/1093521384261850.xml

Top Bottom