Fail to change window mode into Full Screen

Paul Bruynel

Chieftain
I'm playing on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Today Civ 6 was updated to Version 1.2.4 (176806).
Now the window mode has been automatically set to 'Windowed', while I was always playing in 'Full Screen' mode. When I try to change the window mode back to Full Screen and push the 'Confirm' button a popup window appears to confirm. You can see though, behind the popup, that civ 6 has changed the selection of the window mode back to 'Windowed'. So whether I confirm or not, the mode stays in 'Windowed' mode.

Does anyone has an idea what happened, but more importantly, how can I get back to Full Screen mode?
Schermafbeelding 2019-09-10 om 21.58.17.png

I am having the exact same problem as of today only mind is worse because my confirm button is cut off at the bottom of my screen. Where can we even set OpenGL? What Aspyr splash screen options???

Mines doing the same. Full screen is working if I select OpenGL in the Aspyr splash screen options.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I was going quietly mad trying to figure out how to get back to Full Screen, ad a half-dozen people on the Steam Civ For Mac Thread were having the same problem. Solved, was just able to play 55 turns of a game without having to squint to see anything!

I am having the exact same problem as of today only mind is worse because my confirm button is cut off at the bottom of my screen. Where can we even set OpenGL? What Aspyr splash screen options???

When you select Civ VI on Steam an Aspyr Screen pops up. Over on the right side is an Options Tab which, among other things, allows you to select Metal or OpenGL: apparently, Metal is not working properly with the new Patch, and it must have been some kind of Default Mode, because that's what my system was set to and I know I never set it.

Nice. I never even noticed that until now! I will try OpenGL and see if that fixes it for me. Thanks!

Alright, OpenGL is the fix for now. I personally think it is lesser quality than Metal and maybe slightly less performance, but better than nothing - for now.

Well, I am having a different problem now... I cannot make any more trade routes... I am nowhere near my max 117/145, and when I click the button to make route - nothing happens... This patch really messed stuff up. This really sucks.

Well, I am having a different problem now... I cannot make any more trade routes... I am nowhere near my max 117/145, and when I click the button to make route - nothing happens... This patch really messed stuff up. This really sucks.

Ditto here. I can build a Trader, but cannot actually get him to travel anywhere, either between my own cities or to someone elses. Tried Saving and reloading the game, no fix. What really bites me is that the AI Civs in the game are sending Traders hither and yon, but I can't.
Haven't seen any Bug Reports on the PC side yet about this: it may be Mac-only or some strange interference with a Mod that's strictly on the Mac.

Alright, OpenGL is the fix for now. I personally think it is lesser quality than Metal and maybe slightly less performance, but better than nothing - for now.

Actually, I found the performance on my Mac Book Pro seemed faster. Units were more responsive and turns went by quickly. Of course, YMMV.

OTOH: Just tried playing a new game on my Mac Book Pro and it can now run GS level games! w00t!

Last edited:
Top Bottom