Failed Missionary[IMPLEMENTED]

Should there be a small chance an Evangelist turns into a 'Failed Missionary' unit if mission fails?

• Yes, sounds fun!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No, seems pointless

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
The feature concept is very simple:

If an Expert Missionary fails to establish a Mission there is a chance that the Unit is "transformed" into a "Failed Missionary" (instead of always being lost as now).
The "Failed Missionary" being a new really weak Unit - that has a tiny Bonus on Crosses but is useless for everything else - that is spawned in the next City of the player.

Is that required? If a missionary fails I would like to see the downtrodden depressed chap limp home instead of teleporting from the location of his failure to the next city.

Is that required? If a missionary fails I would like to see the downtrodden depressed chap limp home instead of teleporting from the location of his failure to the next city.
The "Beaming to the Players City" is already dropped from the concept - see discussion later after devoltion's post.
The Failed Missionary should be spawned in the Native Village to do the "Walk of Shame".

Only my one post was not updated. ;)

Ha! I did not even read my own lazily copied words. I never assumed there were any other option than the missionary popping directly out of the village. I really don't like how everything is spawned at the capital, I wish great generals for instance would be spawned at the battle scene, or at least at a settlement nearer to the front.

I never assumed there were any other option than the missionary popping directly out of the village.
Great, because it seems that that is what everybody wants. :thumbsup:

@Ramstormp

You should present some screenshots of your feature the next days. :)

Good job for your first feature implementation. :thumbsup:
(As discussed in the team chat it is fully checked, merged and integrated into WTP core mod now and will be part of the next release.)

Sure, but I need a good idea for a better graphic. Let me think about it.

I could imagine a mixture of a Petty Criminal and a Missionary. :dunno:
Or simply a Missionary with dirty and ripped clothes. :dunno:

But I am sure you will come up with something great yourself. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom