1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

failed to read worldbuilder file

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Giant Earth Map Mod' started by Lord Gruin, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Lord Gruin

Lord Gruin Chieftain

HELP Anyone! I have downloaded and unzipped to "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\" as instructed. When I run the game and select a scenario map, I get this message
    "failed to read worldbuilder file 'C:\program files\firaxis games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods\giant earth map\privatemaps\200bc on gem.civbeyondswordwbsave'

:mad: :(

What do I need to fix?

2. Lord Gruin

Lord Gruin Chieftain

I take it no one has ever had this problem? No one can help?

3. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

I've never had this issue before.

I don't have a lot of technical expertise, sorry, so the best advice I can offer is to perhaps try re-installing the mod altogether.