Failure gold vs. overflow gold vs. wealth

AutomatedTeller

Frequent poster
I have to say, I should probably know how these things work in relation to each other, but I really don't.

Wealth is a simple 1 hammer = 1 gold equation (obviously, hammers are multiplied by production bonuses)

How is failure gold figured? if yoiu have 20 hammers in a wonder, how much gold do you get when it's completed?

How is overflow gold figured? I know it's been nerfed some in recent patches, to tone down the (really great) overflow-on-protective-walls-with-stone trick, but I'm not sure how it works.

Anyone know these things?

1. 20 hammers. But wonders often have better production bonuses than wealth.

2. Overflow gold is bugged the other way, it's never worth using now.

So, if you make 10 base hammers and have marble and build oracle for a turn and then someone else gets it, you get 20 back?

Huh. Another reason why Huanya capac is awesome (because for an industrious civ, failure gold is always better than wealth)

So, if you make 10 base hammers and have marble and build oracle for a turn and then someone else gets it, you get 20 back?

Huh. Another reason why Huanya capac is awesome (because for an industrious civ, failure gold is always better than wealth)

with marble each hammer you invest from mine for example is doubled, so when you make 1 turn with 8 production, you got 16 in wonder, so I would expect to get 16 gold, meaning you get 1 hammer worked -> 2 gold conversion.

That's why I think is usually suggested to make wonders for fail gold. Without such bonuses you are on 1h->1g conversion and then it didnt matter if you built wonder or wealth.

I think you wrote it correctly, I maybe worded it other way around.

well, a protective leader gets double production of walls.

a trick you could use to get a bunch of gold with overflow was to finish walls to 1 hammer, then finish something else to 1 hammer, whip and maybe chop the something else and apply the overflow to the walls, which was doubled and you would get a ton of gold from the 39 hammers overflow, doubled by protective (and doubled again if you had stone).

That has been nerfed, though I don't remember what the formula for overflow conversion to gold is.

well, a protective leader gets double production of walls.

a trick you could use to get a bunch of gold with overflow was to finish walls to 1 hammer, then finish something else to 1 hammer, whip and maybe chop the something else and apply the overflow to the walls, which was doubled and you would get a ton of gold from the 39 hammers overflow, doubled by protective (and doubled again if you had stone).

That has been nerfed, though I don't remember what the formula for overflow conversion to gold is.

Wait...hammer overflow from buildings is converted to gold? I am not sure if I get this right...isn't it just more hammer overflow for the next build?

Wait...hammer overflow from buildings is converted to gold? I am not sure if I get this right...isn't it just more hammer overflow for the next build?

usually yes, but there is some limit at which point you get gold for the excess.... i dont know the limit someone else should and knows though :)

I don't think you can have more overflow than the project costs hammers (e.g., on a 22-hammer warrior your overflow would be limited to 22 hammers)...? It may be some multiple of that (like 50% of the hammers), but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

I believe that you can only overflow the amount of hammers you need for the next project and the rest get turned to gold - that got nerfed a bit, and I don't remember how.

I wouldn't call it a nerf, more like it was utterly broken....
It used to be very handy with all kinds of things, from Walls with Protective and/or Stone, Expansive Granaries, Warriors, Heroic Epic Workboats and other things. Now its just utterly useless, so if your fully patched theres little point in trying :p

Top Bottom