1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Failures after failures...!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Sir. Martin, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Sir. Martin

Sir. Martin King of the kings

Well two questions:

1. I keep getting theese problems while playing CIV III: :cry:

One - after a move the marker stays at the unit and the hole game kinda freeze. You kan still move to some unit or town etc. manuel but it will not go automatik to next unit.

To fix it I have to save an load the game. This sometimes happen very frequent and other times almost never.
    After doing this a few times the final failure appears. It says something like: there is a problem with civ.exe, and it´s closing the game now.

Two - The sound "freezes" at the same spot, and I have to quit, to make it dissapear. The same failure appears just with sound.dll.

2. Extreme corruption. :confused:

I destroyed the Romans, and keept Rome. However apprx. 1000 years later there is still 20 out of 21 corruption amoung production
    and money/sience. And I do have a courthouse in Rome!
    I know it´s there capital, but this I have never seen before!

Now WHAT should I do about all this, and have anyone experienced anything like this?

-Thx for reading this long thread! :)

2. Ironikinit

Ironikinit Chieftain

I can't help with the first.

For the second, any city beyond about 15 spaces from your capital or forbidden palace will be pretty useless for production. You could make extra citizens tax collectors so at least you get something for that city.

3. Sir. Martin

Okay thank you! However I heard alot about theese tax-collectors but I have never learned to use them, even tho I played since CIV II! Can you tell me more about them? :)

4. Ironikinit

Ironikinit Chieftain

Well, I trust you know what an entertainer is. Click on an entertainer and it will become a tax collector and give you one gold per turn. Watch your income bar from the city. Mostly in corrupt cities it's more profitable to have a tax collector than to have them working a square, but it reduces food production.

5. Sir. Martin

Well sure! hehe, thanks alot.. i´ll try this!