Fairy Tale

Blue Senshi, that is strange (well, the whole thing is strange). Not sure what else you can try. It seems that you have other mods installed and they work fine, is that correct? Maybe try to re-install this mod. In the case of corrupted download, though, it seems unlikely issue, you may want to try to re-download too.

Hopefully other players may have some idea of what's going on.

Blue Senshi. Really weird. Do the other mods work OK?

I do hope that the mod is installed to the right location. Mods shouldn't be installed in the MyGames folder, but should be in the installation folder in C:/Programs/Firaxis/Civ4/Beyond the Sword (or something sounding like that). Just drag and drop the Fairy Tale folder in the Mods folder in there.

Did you uninstall (delete) the previous version before installing v9?

I don't have any problem with other mods. Version 9 is the only version I have ever downloaded and it is in the right location. I'll try redownloading it.

OK, by reading the error messages I was getting, I found that your mod is conflicting with all of the files that were in the Beyond the Sword/Assets/Modules/Custom Units folder. When I removed all of the files in that folder, I had no problem loading your mod. I don't understand why only your mod would have a problem with that folder.

Thanks for the info! I've already tracked down the wrong setting using your report. There is a function in Fairy Tale's .ini-file called Modular Loading. This value is turned to 1. It will probably solve the issue by turning it to 0. I will change it by the next update, so noone else will have these kinds of conflicts either.

Thanks for reporting.

Thanks for the info! I've already tracked down the wrong setting using your report. There is a function in Fairy Tale's .ini-file called Modular Loading. This value is turned to 1. It will probably solve the issue by turning it to 0. I will change it by the next update, so noone else will have these kinds of conflicts either.

Thanks for reporting.

Your solution works, I'm glad to report. I changed that setting, put the files back in the folder, and the mod loads with no problems. I was wrong when I said only your mod had that problem. There was one other I tried where the same conflict occurred. Now I can load that one too. :) I guess it pays to read those error messages when they appear.

Wow. Nice. I'll include this info in my FAQ right now! You might also want to inform the creators of the other mod that conflicts, so they're aware.

Thanks again.

HI i have downloaded this mod and have followed all the instructions and still nothing!

I go to the game and load the mod and it loads fine.
The name is in the corner. But when i go to play a scenario all i get is the noraml stuff please help!:confused:

Did you install in the Mods folder in Program Files (where it should be) or in My Documents (where it should NOT be)?

I guess i should somewhen write a FAQ, that problem occurs more often (also see here):
Check the installation of Fairy Tale:
In there in Mods\Fairy Tale another folder "Fairy Tale"? If yes, move everything from that second folder into the first folder and try it again.

The wrong installation path is often the crook in solving this kind of problem. Hope you get it running with the tips above, Gragor. And do not hesitate to write if you need more help.

(Also there are a few FAQ-tips for you in the Fairy Tale manual which is found packaged with the mod.)

yes i put it in the my programs file path.
however i did extract the file should i have not done that?

If you go to the Creation and Costumization subforums you will see that most of the discussion have been moved there (we have our own subforum :wohoo:

Should giv version 10 a shot
to see DeathAngels performing

The Expansion

Civ5 being a great disappointment with serious limitations to both gameplay and modding, I continue to develop Fairy Tale 1. I have an expansion in the works. Read all about it here in the thread on the Development Forum.

Cheers!

Top Bottom